GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf R Pricing

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Hmm, I don't know who's quoting you on xpel wraps but your numbers are way different from what I get, my Mustang was quoted somewhere around $3500, and it's way larger than the Golf R, my Miata was quoted around $2500 or maybe $3000 (can't remember exactly was 3 years ago). But still, don't know about the $7400 or even the $9000. Also, a unique color means nothing if it doesn't look good.
I've been quoted that same price by 2 difference shops. One in Chicago and one here in Wisconsin. Xpel has removed the full side panel precuts from their website it looks like now. It's around $1800 for the full front clip from any xpel dealer.

Whoever is quoting you those numbers is definitely huffing something because they would barely be breaking even.

Edit: found old quote the $7300 was for the focus RS I was thinking of getting at same time.

Last edited:

DukeGaGa

I've been quoted that same price by 2 difference shops. One in Chicago and one here in Wisconsin. Xpel has removed the full side panel precuts from their website it looks like now. It's around $1800 for the full front clip from any xpel dealer.

Whoever is quoting you those numbers is definitely huffing something because they would barely be breaking even.

Edit: found old quote the $7300 was for the focus RS I was thinking of getting at same time.

Well, good thing I didn't get the wrap done then. Anyway my point is paying $2500 for a color I don't like just because it's unique is like throwing money away.

initial1

Ordered a 2019 golf R in manual, Iridium Grey with black package (19" Pretoria wheels with carbon
fiber mirrors).
I got a VIN and told it will be in Halifax port April 2nd (Canada). Expect it at dealership for pickup 2-3weeks after.
We shall see....

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
So my car just arrived last night... this is really unexpected, put in the order just a month ago, going to pick it up today or tomorrow. Yay!

Congrats. It might be the first 2019 R reported here.

Also do post some pictures of those 19” black pretoria wheels.

FactoryR

Ready to race!
I was on VW''s website yesterday, and noticed a few 19' R''s at local dealerships. I dropped by and learned the vehicle was in transit, expected to arrive in 2-4 weeks.

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed
My local dealer called me last night to inform me that a black Golf R was expected to land the last week of this month.
Not my color and no mention of the transmission.
Haselwood VW, Bremerton, Wa.

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought a Lapiz Blue DSG equipped R yesterday. Standard wheels.
It's out getting the Expel wrap on the front end today.

Yep MSRP.

Gonna miss the 17 Sportwagen 4MO though.

drewfer

I'm wondering when Golf R's are gonna start selling for under MSRP. Some dealers here in CA have 10 on the lot at the moment. Deals have to start soon right?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I'm wondering when Golf R's are gonna start selling for under MSRP. Some dealers here in CA have 10 on the lot at the moment. Deals have to start soon right?

Some dealers in DC area have more than 20. People have reported deals below MSRP towards the end of 2018 dealer inventory and also current 2019 inventory.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Factory in Germany switches over to Mk8 for European production soon. 2020 Mk7.5 R’s probably won’t be offered next year. Explains the sudden flood of Golf R inventory.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
It was about this time last year that dealers started posting below MSRP deals online. There was a thread on Vortex about there are X# of 2018 Rs still available. Something had happened with the MK7.5 that delayed they're intro and left them stuck in lots under cover. It was also around this time that VW announced the spectrum color program availability for the US market.

Really created a buyers market for leftover Rs, especially the 6MT. IIRC, something like 2/3 of the remaining inventory were manuals going into August last year.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The below MSRP deals for 2018's were on remaining manual cars, which don't nearly sell as fast as DSG cars despite a 50/50 take rate. Right now, even DSG inventory is piling up and dealers are offering $2,000+ off MSRP. The only incentive on them is $500 military/first responder offer, and that's if you qualify.