GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trip to Mexico

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Ran a 6gen SS Camaro, Full bolt on's, on E85. Then ran a sandbagging Cobalt SS (he won't say what he has done), and a newer Mustang. I didn't get video of the '18 Mustang 5.0 10spd with full bolt on's on E85, he didn't want to be recorded losing, so he raced me from my driver's side. He still lost by 2 cars.

https://vimeo.com/326170994

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Lol @ the Cobalt.

If you're not going to disclose mods, you'd better have a car that's actually fast.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Nice, don’t ya just love walking away from “muscle” cars, it’s such fun :)

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Ran a 6gen SS Camaro, Full bolt on's, on E85. Then ran a sandbagging Cobalt SS (he won't say what he has done), and a newer Mustang. I didn't get video of the '18 Mustang 5.0 10spd with full bolt on's on E85, he didn't want to be recorded losing, so he raced me from my driver's side. He still lost by 2 cars.

https://vimeo.com/326170994

Nice runs man. Are you full e85?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Lol @ the Cobalt.

If you're not going to disclose mods, you'd better have a car that's actually fast.

He claims he is stock turbo, but we all know he sandbags. He just got the car back together and is tuning it out, so something tells me he’s not on a KO4 if he’s scooting like he was. Could be on the bottle too, but I don’t know that for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Nice, don’t ya just love walking away from “muscle” cars, it’s such fun :)

Its exhilarating, but now the big dogs are coming out in defense of their perspective brands. It will be an interesting spring for sure [emoji102]

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Challenge them from a dead start no?

The R should do even better would it not?

Most of the high HP guys don’t want any of the R from a dig. They all complain that their cars aren’t set up for digs. My response is always “sucks to suck” [emoji1787] there’s only one Vette here that is set up for both, and he runs around on Hoosiers. I’m hoping to get a run in with him, but he’s one of those “I only run for money” guys.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
The 6th gen was the best kill.
FBO, mani, e85?.

Looks more like intake/exhaust and pump gas.

No manifold yet, probably in a couple weeks. He is running E85. Showed me his latest dyno, but I didn’t pay a lot of attention to it. It’s in the 460-480 range on a mustang dyno. Said he’s looking for 500whp with the intake manifold, which sounds about right. They’re good for 20whp tuned which puts him around 480whp now.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
So what would the Policia do to you if you're caught racing? You keep a few grand in cash on you?

Misdemeanor, usually a $150 impound fee, and a $500 fine. Cops here are more concerned with illegal border crossings and DOT violations from line haulers than a few guys running on Mexican highways.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
So what would the Policia do to you if you're caught racing? You keep a few grand in cash on you?

I have been caught six+ times in over ten years doing this and each time they simply tell us to go home.

There is a safe way for doing this ol timer :p

It ain't like we're drifting through traffic like Tokyo drift