Go Kart Champion
Some new things in the works:

Aerofabb v2 front splitter
Racingline oil cooler
Verus engineering rear diffuser
AP radical brakes
8 inch MIB II conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yeah man!!! That rear brace is dope!!!

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Yes! Sorry, I’ve been very lazy about updating things.

Install: You do need a drill + bits and a razor blade for the install. Instructions are easy to follow. I know many people aren’t comfortable drilling into their car, but the holes are easily covered up in the case that you want to remove the brace.

Impressions: this does make a noticeable difference in turns/weight transfer. Something that i did notice was that it actually made the car more comfortable driving around town when one side of the vehicle would hit a bump or hole as it would distribute the force more evenly across the vehicle. This was an unexpected surprise as I’m quite sensitive to NVH.

- better rotation in turns
- increased comfort

Negatives: they do recommend using blue thread locker when you bolt the brace to the car. I did not do this and as a result, the bottom two bolts would end up coming loose and rattling. This was driving me nuts. I would end up re-torquing them to install specs and sure enough, in another week or so they would end up loosening and rattling.

So make sure you use thread locker :)

Also, this does limit your ability to use your rear trunk space if you want to put down your rear seats for increased cargo space. It wouldn’t be hard to remove though as it’s only held by six bolts.

Final thoughts:
For $200 this isn’t a bad mod. You can definitely feel the increased rigidity that the brace provides.

The whole purpose i bought this mod was to stiffen up the rear and help the car rotate in the turns. Granted - I already had the Eurocode rear brace, superpro rear trailing arm bushings, and neuspeed 25mm rear sway bar installed, so this was more icing on the cake and trying something new and similar to the unibrace XBQ at almost half the cost.

I think this paired with an upgraded rear sway bar would be a great combo, but it’s probably overkill with the eurocode brace.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks for the feedback. I got mine from BAF and it went in Saturday. I'm loving the difference.

Can you feel a difference with the rear eurocode bar taken out?

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I haven’t had much sound issues at all with the super pro, there is very slight increased noise over large bumps, but overall i feel like the sound is very live-able.

The driving dynamics is very much improved with the camber - i only wish i did this earlier for my car!

Brett from SP said there is some increased sharpness felt in large impacts. Doesn’t sound like it’s too noticeable though?

I need to come down and drive your car sometime. [emoji3]

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
if you got the mk7 stoptech kit it should factor in the front/rear brake bias but if you still think the fronts are too powerful you can always put a higher grip pad in the rear to make it grab harder if that makes sense. i put fairly high friction ebc yellow pads in the rear and stoptech st40 kit in the front and with the lower coefficient endless or the pagid yellow 29 pads in front it's nice balance

epic car!