GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie

Thinking about it, though I’d have to go to the parts store to fab up a turndown. Then no room in the garage right now so I’d have to be in the wet gravels. Lol

For the A3 Atleast....
Passenger seat-58.8lbs
Rear Seat-66.2lbs
Trunk stuff- 13lbs (spare was already out)

Then I had 31.6lbs of junk in it.

Spare and jack is 38.2lbs. If you want to include that it’s 207.8lbs.

Last edited:

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Thinking about it, though I’d have to go to the parts store to fab up a turndown. Then no room in the garage right now so I’d have to be in the wet gravels. Lol

For the A3 Atleast....
Passenger seat-58.8lbs
Rear Seat-66.2lbs
Trunk stuff- 13lbs (spare was already out)

Then I had 31.6lbs of junk in it.

Spare and jack is 38.2lbs. If you want to include that it’s 207.8lbs.

Jesus that is a lot of weight. I went yesterday as well. I am not sure that pulling everything out really made all that much of a difference for me. I'll weight it all tonight before it all goes back in. But being an R, there really isn't much. Think the heaviest is the passenger seat and my sub.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
First time ever going to the drag strip in the GTI or otherwise...

'16 GTI S (DSG) w/ PP

1/4 tank of gas
Full weight (no spare tire)
Stock Potenza A/S tires (20k miles)
Only modifications to the car: APR Stage 2 (91 octane) + CTS catted downpipe

I've got a lot of improvement to do... R/T and 60' times. Any ideas what time I could expect with a good run?

First run: 14.1
Second run: 13.7

Attachments

• IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 336

TroyI

Ready to race!
Just FYI, and i'm not sure this is normal for others. But, disabling ESC completely and Vibration reduction off with the OBDEleven reduced my quarter miles times by 2 tenths.

Mk7_Harare

Passed Driver's Ed
Just FYI, and i'm not sure this is normal for others. But, disabling ESC completely and Vibration reduction off with the OBDEleven reduced my quarter miles times by 2 tenths.

Did you have a Dog bone mount when disabling starting vibrations? My assumptions was that starting vibrations should only be disabled when you have the dog bone mount inserted. Otherwise wheel hop could be a harsher

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
R’s what are you guys running for tire pressure at the strip?

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Threw my times up on the submission sheet.

Please expect updates in the near future :)

TroyI

Ready to race!
Did you have a Dog bone mount when disabling starting vibrations? My assumptions was that starting vibrations should only be disabled when you have the dog bone mount inserted. Otherwise wheel hop could be a harsher

I already had the dogbone. I still have a little hop at the strip, but not on the street.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Last night I was the 1st customer @ Great Lakes Dragaway(got there over an hour early lol). 1st Car and 1st pass of the year!

Stock turbo, OEM 19" Prets on Toyo Proxes T1R(street tires), weight reduction, still full exhaust

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Last night I was the 1st customer @ Great Lakes Dragaway(got there over an hour early lol). 1st Car and 1st pass of the year!

Stock turbo, OEM 19" Prets on Toyo Proxes T1R(street tires), weight reduction, still full

Ahhhhh, so that’s your Instagram post!!! Well done! Me and a couple buddies were discussing how much weight reduction you have. Seats and battery we figured out. But how are you going to get another 150-200 out of the car?

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
Just submitted my time, here is a video of the run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcx3f4_joIc

As far as I know, that's the fastest tune only GTI DSG, and this car only has the spare removed, full interior otherwise. At this time, didn't have the dogbone insert, didn't have the trans tune, just a muffler delete and a tune by Stratified. The tires are even just cheap General summer tires, though I got a pretty good 60' out of them, for a FWD open diff car.

Can someone confirm if this is the fastest for stock downpipe/IC? Very happy with what Stratified has done for me. Just recently put on the insert and the trans tune, so I should be able to launch a bit harder and maybe get 110 trap speed.

Car 70, if you couldn't guess.

Last edited:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Ahhhhh, so that’s your Instagram post!!! Well done! Me and a couple buddies were discussing how much weight reduction you have. Seats and battery we figured out. But how are you going to get another 150-200 out of the car?

Thanks man.. The brakes are where it's at ;)

Last edited: