GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VWR springs in setups in here

H22hatch

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H22hatch

Ready to race!
I had a 1999 hatch with an H22A. Almost more fun than my MK7. Except for having A/C and normal stuff like that. Lol.

Yea man I had a 92 CX hatch that was completely gutted. It had an h22a4 in it and I forget now what trans I ended up with. Also had tein coilovers and sticky azenis tires. Built that car when everyone else was doing b16 or b18.

Lol this was almost 20 years ago now but that car was a a ton of fun.

710tim

I'm planning on getting these springs for my daily. I'd like to get some 18 in. wheels to go with them. How wide wheel should I pair with these? I want a flush look without running spacers. Any recommendations?

YoYoCome

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm planning on getting these springs for my daily. I'd like to get some 18 in. wheels to go with them. How wide wheel should I pair with these? I want a flush look without running spacers. Any recommendations?

I think the following size matches with what you're looking for:

18x8.5 et45
18x8.0 et40

oaksandnix

I’ve done a ton of reading through this thread and I haven’t seen too many people also replacing dampers when replacing springs with VWR ones. I’m looking at doing VWR springs and dampers - anyone have feedback from having done this? Also curious to wheel measurements to ensure no rubbing since I’m sticking with 18s rather than moving to 19s on my 2018 GTI

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I’ve done a ton of reading through this thread and I haven’t seen too many people also replacing dampers when replacing springs with VWR ones. I’m looking at doing VWR springs and dampers - anyone have feedback from having done this? Also curious to wheel measurements to ensure no rubbing since I’m sticking with 18s rather than moving to 19s on my 2018 GTI

I re-used the stock ones, but I'm almost positive doing dampers will give you a better long term result. Lot's of people got VWR's when they first came out and posted rave reviews right after install, including myself. Wow, it feels even better than stock! It's how the car should have come from the factory! I tease, but I'm not knocking people's reviews, because that's how I felt, too.

Well 2.5 years later I can assure you my stock dampers are worse for wear. When it's cold in the winter they crash pretty hard over bumps. I gotta be REAL careful of potholes. Definitely have bottomed out the front struts more than once. If I could go back in time and had the $$$ I would have done it right.

As far as wheel size I think you have some room to play with. VWR springs are not that aggressive. Pretty sure with the right offset some people are running 8.5 inch wide wheels. I have 18x8 on mine with spacers and no issues.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
is anyone running VWR's on a GTI with DCC? More importantly, if you are, how do the VWR's handle the different DCC modes? I've seen mixed results on VWVortex. thanks

I have this combination on my 2016 SE. Previous owner had them installed at around 25K or 30K I believe, and I bought the car at 41K. I'm right at 56K and all seems to be good. I can still quite a bit of difference between comfort and sport, but it does feel like sport can get unsettled if you are pushing it on less than ideal pavement. For those times I use the custom setting with DCC at comfort and everything else at sport. I do wonder when the shocks will go and what I will do at that time. I use DCC quite a bit and would miss it.

am215

Ready to race!
^ installed mine at 6k miles, car now has 57k and I'm shopping for new struts/shocks. the ride isn't terrible, but i'm sure i'm just used to it at this point.

deciding between bilstein b8 or koni special active and will be going with h&r oe sport springs this time around for a little less low since the roads here are beat.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

I placed VWR springs on my 16 2 door at about 12k miles and just changed dampers to Koni Yellows at 34k miles. The ride and handling characteristics accompanied with 034 Static Camber mounts, 034 bearings, and 034 rear mounts is fantastic. The Neuspeed 25 mm RSB really works well with the additional camber allowing quick turn in while being able to rotate the rear end. I am also running RSE10 18x8 with 235 40r Indy 500 tires. I have no complaints or noises, only smiles in the twisties.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk