GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to the forums and my GTI

Catastrophic

Just picked up a 2016 GTI. I have been out of the car scene since probably around 2000 o.o been driving a shitty automatic all this time :( No more of that crap. So where to begin on a fresh unmoddeed gti? I think I want to start with a window tint lol, but what are a couple of nice starter mods? I wouldn't mind getting some led headlights as well.

brutalgti

Passed Driver's Ed
If it's a manual I would suggest upgrading to a dieselgeek sigma 6 short shifter and replacing the stock clutch delay valve with the ECS clutch bleeder block. It will drastically improve shifts and clutch engagement/disengagement.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

eddieMK7

I suggest start with a drop in filter and go stage 1 or JB4. My biggest regret was not prioritizing my mods but since have prioritized what I want to do/buy next for my car.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Take a look at the private classified in the forum you can get pretty good deals there.
As for the priority, I would say whatever makes you smiles every time you look at your car.
Edit. Post pictures of your car or it didn’t happen!

Catastrophic

Thanks for the tips. I'm just trying to figure what I can even do with my car. I have only ever worked on cheap oldies like CRX's and stuff from back in the day lol. And even that was long ago.

Attachments

• 54256899_381097452729855_5513847111587725312_n.jpg
    54256899_381097452729855_5513847111587725312_n.jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 307

Catastrophic

Nice Threads! Good info thank you. I have a question about VCDS. So I want to flat out turn off my daytime running lights. And maybe do some other stuff as well. Don't know much about it; would like to learn.
Don't really know what I am looking for. It's hard when something doesn't use my car exactly in the description for the comparability. AM I looking for the Micro-can? Is that good enough for the basic stuff? I saw the Hex, which is way more, but probably not for anything I might need?

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Nice Threads! Good info thank you. I have a question about VCDS. So I want to flat out turn off my daytime running lights. And maybe do some other stuff as well. Don't know much about it; would like to learn.
Don't really know what I am looking for. It's hard when something doesn't use my car exactly in the description for the comparability. AM I looking for the Micro-can? Is that good enough for the basic stuff? I saw the Hex, which is way more, but probably not for anything I might need?

Use OBDeleven, easy to use. Android only, for now

https://www.shopdap.com/obdelevenpro-vw-audi-scan-tool.html