GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

School me on caster

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
The Porsche Cayman is so easy to drive well and fast that it is scary. When other instructors see how hard we have to work in our FWD cars to run a good lap they are often amazed. :D

But doesn't it also feel so much more rewarding when you pass a cayman? :)

Conti uses a relatively soft sidewall so they require more air than a stiff walled tire to stay off the sidewall which can cause a tire failure.

Based on where the wear is in his photo, I think you're right on the money. Needs stiffer sidewall and/or more pressure.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
But doesn't it also feel so much more rewarding when you pass a cayman? :)

Based on where the wear is in his photo, I think you're right on the money. Needs stiffer sidewall and/or more pressure.

Not to the Cayman driver. ;)

Yup way over on sidewall big time.

bheggelke

Passed Driver's Ed
The Porsche Cayman is so easy to drive well and fast that it is scary. When other instructors see how hard we have to work in our FWD cars to run a good lap they are often amazed. :D
Some good info here on bushing replacements. Definitely considering them for my Golf R.

As a former owner of a Cayman S, I loved the car and it was fun to autocross, but my personal experience was that it was definitely not "so easy to drive fast it was scary" at HPDEs. I never quite got comfortable exploring the limits of that car; probably because the limits are quite high. I grew up driving FWD so that's also why I had so much fun in my modified (suspension, LSD only. No tune) MINI Cooper S passing 911s and Caymans at the PCA track events.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk