GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
nice.. glad you got if fixed. I want to see a dyno of this beast after the tuning

Stay flippin’ tuned!!

Couple of quick test pulls last night:

https://youtu.be/bNEFDthpEBA

Another update. Wy2sl0 is officially my tuner now. 613B6 bailed on me.. lol [emoji23]

Also updated front page with most recent stuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
haha! No, it was good enough to get me a couple of good logs before it "developed" so it can't be the tune.. It went from not happening at all, to happening every now and then during a pull, to happening every pull pretty much within a day. RPM doesn't matter, it's all about PSI. As soon as it starts hitting 15-20 PSI, BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM misfires nonstop until EPC/blinking CEL. The one time I held the throttle long enough to develop the EPC, it said Cyl 3 and 4 misfires and of course the cylinder disabling. I haven't tried holding the throttle long enough to make the EPC kick in besides that once... it sounds/feels sooooo bad.

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Long time no update! The wastegate arm extension seemed to help for a couple of pulls, but eventually the EPC came back. I'm not sure wtf is going on at this point. I tried ghetto-rigging a big spring to the actuator to help give more strength on it closing, which also seemed to help for a pull or two, but then the EPC came back yet again, consistently. Here was my ghetto fix:

Anyway, I'm pretty much at the end of my rope here, so I'm going to be pulling the turbo again to ship it off to a performance company that has apparently done this many times before. I'm tired of guessing and having it not work. I've also come too far to give up. It also looks hella ghetto right now, LOL. So going to pay the price and send it to the pros.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
However, before THAT happens, allow me to introduce my new project, a 2001 VR6 GTI!

I had a 2003 1.8t GTI for my partial daily/backup car for the last year, but the same shop that sold me that car also decided to sell this VR6 GTI with nearly immaculate interior and exterior. They put a new head on it with all new timing and head components, but the owner didn't have the time to put the motor back in, so he sold it with the motor/trans out for cheapy cheap. The VR6 is a very cool motor to me, so I thought about it for a while and finally decided to sell the 1.8t and buy the VR6.

However, I had never put a motor/trans together and in a car before, so it was a new project for sure. However, I am proud to say that in 2 weeks, I have her running! I did this all by myself, I’d like to add. I’m pretty proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQ1ONgU7yo

I upgraded the failure-prone coolant components:

Accessories and lower intake mani on:

Flywheel on:

Headerrrrsssss

Engine in!!

Shenanigans

New radiator on with the rest of the core support or whatever it’s called

[emoji22]

Last edited:

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I forgot to mention here that my constant misfires after 15PSI on the Mk7 were due to a failure on the Brisks. This is called carbon arcing and is a big no no. These plugs had MAYBE 1k miles.

Don't go with the latest fad BMP is pushing, folks. They are one of the least knowledgeable parts companies out there. (I bought these elsewhere based on the recommendation from someone else that was influenced by them, for the record.) Wouldn't give them my money even if it meant saving $500. Replaced these with the NGK 9's that came with the APR EFR kit, and swapped back to my old OEM coilpacks (had RS3's on) since that arcing likely is burned into the coil pack. I could probably still use the same coilpack and throw some dielectric grease in there to seal the gap, but sticking with OEM for now. Should use some dielectric grease anyway.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Unless it’s knowledge about CTS downpipes, BMP is uhh...[emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
However, before THAT happens, allow me to introduce my new project, a 2001 VR6 GTI!

I had a 2003 1.8t GTI for my partial daily/backup car for the last year, but the same shop that sold me that car also decided to sell this VR6 GTI with nearly immaculate interior and exterior. They put a new head on it with all new timing and head components, but the owner didn't have the time to put the motor back in, so he sold it with the motor/trans out for cheapy cheap. The VR6 is a very cool motor to me, so I thought about it for a while and finally decided to sell the 1.8t and buy the VR6.

However, I had never put a motor/trans together and in a car before, so it was a new project for sure. However, I am proud to say that in 2 weeks, I have her running! I did this all by myself, I’d like to add. I’m pretty proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQ1ONgU7yo

I upgraded the failure-prone coolant components:

Accessories and lower intake mani on:

Flywheel on:

Headerrrrsssss

Engine in!!

Shenanigans

New radiator on with the rest of the core support or whatever it’s called

[emoji22]

hahahahah