GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I don’t have any pricing details. Right now I am focusing on drumming up sufficient buyers to get this group buy off the ground. I would expect pricing to be similar to existing wheels in the Apex range. Maybe fractionally higher because of the lower volume.

These wheels balance weight, strength, quality, cost and BBK friendliness. In a dedicated design for our MQB platform.

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe i missed it but how many firm commitments do you need for the buy to happen?
I think their Porsche campaign for last year was 200+ commitments or something to make it worth their while to design/build/stock them. I think I might be able to find the correct number tho as it was a poll.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
When I spoke to the sales manager the indication I got was 20-25 sets of wheels for a group buy. I have sent them the link to the thread So they can monitor the interest.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Hey folks, I have added a poll and also posted int he Wheels/Tires section in case people miss the thread here in the tracking section. Ive added a poll to help keep track of the people interested int he group buy.

For those that raised a hand before the poll, I have added your names. If I have missed anyone, hit me up. For those that are no longer interested, let me know so that I can remove your name.

teemmy

Ready to race!
Thanks for setting all this up! Maybe we can start another thread in another section to gain more publicity and interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have also posted in the wheels and tires section.

Richard A.

If we can generate sufficient interest. Apex will design these from the ground up for the Mk7 platform.

How many sets of wheels need to be ordered to get this to work and would we have our own choice of colors?

Sorry I didn't read all the posts first, I see you stated you need 20-25 sets

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Folks, I am still working with Apex. They are still interested in breaking into the VW/Audi MQB market.

They have a number of projects prioritized. We are working on getting this off the ground for the Mk7 platform. Again the more folks who sign up the sooner we can get this going. There are more folks on Audizine and a VW blog so we are gaining.

For me, one of the critical requirements is it’s BBK friendliness. 350-355 BBK clearance.
Waiting on getting a time slot with the design engineers to check for clearance. So please be patient folks and spread the word.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Folks, I am still working with Apex. They are still interested in breaking into the VW/Audi MQB market.

They have a number of projects prioritized. We are working on getting this off the ground for the Mk7 platform. Again the more folks who sign up the sooner we can get this going. There are more folks on Audizine and a VW blog so we are gaining.

For me, one of the critical requirements is it’s BBK friendliness. 350-355 BBK clearance.
Waiting on getting a time slot with the design engineers to check for clearance. So please be patient folks and spread the word.

If they want a car for a test fit, I am located in Livermore where they are, have a Stoptech ST40 BBK installed, and knew Eddy the owner way back when.

edit: Oops, looks like they moved one town over, to Pleasanton - didn't know that. My office is in Pleasanton.

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Cliff,

I will let them know. Thanks for offering. I believe they will use CAD drawings and solid works to check fitment for the most part.

But a physical check is always good.