GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Talk to me about lowering our cars for DE/track events

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Thanks for those part numbers... i may try them if i can't get my old luft fuehrgen to work... or hit up my local shop for about 2 square feet of 0.060" aluminum. ;)

If you're looking to buy the ducts, everywhere I looked in the US is ridiculously overpriced. If you look on e-acca, I think it's somewhere in the mid $30s shipped. Just takes a while, since it comes from Europe

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
If you're looking to buy the ducts, everywhere I looked in the US is ridiculously overpriced. If you look on e-acca, I think it's somewhere in the mid $30s shipped. Just takes a while, since it comes from Europe
There are always the Porsche GT3 ducts, less than $20 for the pair.
Part Number Right scoop: 99734148492
Part Number Left scoop : 99734148392

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Quick update here just to sort of put a bow on this thread. I chose to stick with stock springs, but I installed Koni Yellows, 034 camber plates (got camber to -2.2 at all four corners, zeroed out toe F&R), a Hotchkis RSB, and installed Conti Extreme Sports. I did a 2 day event at Watkins Glen with a my local PCA and I couldn't have been happier with the way the car felt. It was always composed and took a seat well through WGI's fast sweeping turns (the banking there helped I am sure!). The second day was consistent rain with water running across the track in numerous places. The tires did an amazing job of staying planted at speed. I was super impressed.

I can see where stiffer springs could help slow the rate and amount that the car pitches forward at some of the big braking spots, but no complaints here or from my instructor.