GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI style exhaust on GTD

philbeardmore

Many thanks Mark/Jake.

Mark - I've seen different exhausts on various sites. My original thoughts was just to replace the mail system (from the cat onwards) but I guess what youre saying is the diameter of the pipe is different between the GTI and the GTD therefore I'd need an adapter (which is fine).

If that's the case, then its probably easier to cut my current exhaust and just replace the rear section (see the photo).

Thing is, I don't know where this has been cut in relation to the "dimples" that Jake referred to.

Thanks again
Phil
1.jpg
2.jpg

Attachments

• s-l5003FHQWOYZ.jpg
    s-l5003FHQWOYZ.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,539

darth_furious1

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are going to do some work, remove the muffler and straight pipe it. Turbo diesels don't need a muffler and sound almost the same.GTIs are a different story. GTDs don't need a muffler.

jonny2slow4u

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello this morning i install a custom GTI style exhaust on my gtd with the original GTI rear vallance but you know the code of the part ti fix this part of valance

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Below is copy/pasted from the order I placed at my local dealer when I had the GTI Valence installed on my TDI. The last two part numbers are the pieces you really want. The first three part numbers are hardware, I'm not sure exactly how many my installer used but they were cheap so I wanted to make sure I had enough. All were not used but better to have extras. Also not sure why the left insert was so less expensive than the right, weird.

P/N / Quantity / Price EA - Description

N91090701 / 6 / $0.64 - Air mass sensor screw. Bumper Cover Bolt. Bumper Cover Support Rail Bolt. Center grille bolt. Daytime Running Light Bolt. Fog Light Bolt. Fog Light Screw. Grille Screw. Liftgate Trim Scuff Plate

N90959101 / 10 / $0.96 - Bumper cover nut. Bumper cover screw. Bumper cover U-nut. End cap U-nut. End cover U-nut. End plate U-nut. Extension nut. Extension U-nut. Fender liner fastener. Fender liner U-nut. Front extn U-nut

N90833801 / 4 / $0.96 - Bracket grommet. Bracket nut. Bumper cover grommet. Bumper cover nut. Center shield nut. Cover grommet. Deflector shield nut. End cap grommet. End cap nut. End cover grommet. End cover nut. EXPANDER

5G6807510 / 1 / $16.80 - INSERT. Lower retainer. W/O R, E-GOLF.

5G6807509 / 1 / $ 6.80 - INSERT. Lower retainer. W/O R, E-GOLF.

BarryTax

These look really great at a great price I have an F10 M5 competition pack and would like to fit these as well and am prepared to do small mods to ensure a secure fitment. The outside diameter of my OEM pipe is about 68mm and inside diameter about 65mm. What is the inside diameter of the tips? Do they slide over or inside the OEM exhaust pipe?