GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adjust Aftermarket Headlights

Arad_20

Hey, Installed my New RFB Bi Xenon Replicas today and noticed that the passenger side beam is way higher than it should be. But when i turn the height adjustment screw it barely moves.

Is my headlight faulty or does it take a lot of turns to get the beam down?

Last edited:

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Arad,

I had a similiar issue with my replica light assembly, not from RFB though., based on my experience in the past., i have tried over adjusting the stuck plastic adjuster gear screw to an extent of either breaking or grinding the teeths making it unusable.

As a general pre-installation check, i would always try adjusting/turn the screws from one extreme end to the other to make sure the adjustment will work once all fitted. You can shine a flashlight through the back of the lens to see the pattern going up or down.

If you feel it is stuck, dont overturn and ask for replacement from the seller or return it.

For used/old light assemblies (Headlight/Fog), a little bit of lubricant (WD40 or Silicone Spay) will help loosen the screws making it easy to adjust. Dust and head makes the old plastic screws brittle.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
It may take a lot of turns. I had an aftermarket set on my mk6 that took like 20 turns for full adjustment

Arad_20

Hey thanks for replying, I took the headlight out today and had a look.

The screw i was turning was the left and right one

And i could barely spot the height one

The left one is the left and right and is a phillips.

The right is the height and it needs a 4mm socket.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Hey thanks for replying, I took the headlight out today and had a look.

The screw i was turning was the left and right one

And i could barely spot the height one

The left one is the left and right and is a phillips.

The right is the height and it needs a 4mm socket.

Hmm. Mine were on another side. You don't seen any adjustment hex holes in plastic from the top side?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I knew about that screw on the left adjusting the left-right (wish i could have helped earlier!), didn't know about the 4mm one on the right. I'll have to take a look at that and get my beam cutoff nice and mint.

Arad_20

I knew about that screw on the left adjusting the left-right (wish i could have helped earlier!), didn't know about the 4mm one on the right. I'll have to take a look at that and get my beam cutoff nice and mint.
If you look for it when the headlight is installed, you will never find it unless you know where to look.