GOLFMKV

Coding Help Needed - Module 55 is gone!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
So, good news, I fixed this problem!

Bad news, basically I'm an idiot.

Full explanation below, but cliff notes version is I botched the install and didn't realize it because I misread the wiring diagram..... Thanks again to everyone for trying to help me. Lots of smart and helpful people on this board! I appreciate it and if nothing else, hopefully my mistakes will help someone else in the future.

After eliminating pretty much every logical issue I kept coming back to the wires. The one concern I had was that I did not do a very "clean" install of the two can wires into the TIUL coupling point. This was basically caused by not having the right tools or knowing how to properly remove the secondary lock.

Ultimately, I convinced myself this was not an issue, because the ACC radar was functioning, thus the wires must have been installed "good enough".

Come to find out, they were not. Last night I studied the wiring diagram a little more, hoping to find what might be my problem. That's when I realized it.

If you look at the flow diagram, I added the two ACC wires to can extended high and low (B108 and B109). For ease of access, I tapped these wires aft of the TIUL coupler, in the T17l harness. Aft of the coupler, there was no problem flowing all the way to the data bus diagnostic interface (J533), which is where the ACC wires needed to run to in order to function.

However, in order for the AFS module to function, the same wires needed to run through to the other side of the TIUL coupler, into the T17d harness. That is where I failed. The pins I inserted into T17l were not seated properly and did not make contact with T17d. This had no affect in the ACC, but did prevent data reaching the J745 control unit. Once I realized this, even though the pins and harness were pretty beat up I was able to reseat them far enough to send data through to the other side. Reconnected the battery, turned on the car, and AFS returned, like magic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk