GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Park Assist Module Cannot be coded

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Np, Tell me if you need anything else.
Thanks. Does the inner bumper (front and rear), usually have markings for sensor locations ? Especially the 4 sensors that goes on the sides of wheel wells ?

If not any clues for positioning the holes ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks. Does the inner bumper (front and rear), usually have markings for sensor locations ? Especially the 4 sensors that goes on the sides of wheel wells ?

If not any clues for positioning the holes ?

Yep, all the holes are marked.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks., still debating weather to get the VAS-XXXX tool for punching sensor holes on the bumpers (which by the way is close to $ 180) or just get a conical step drill bit and get it done.

I have the bumpers clear bra (PPF Protected)., so little to nervous to insert the drills :(

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks., still debating weather to get the VAS-XXXX tool for punching sensor holes on the bumpers (which by the way is close to $ 180) or just get a conical step drill bit and get it done.

I have the bumpers clear bra (PPF Protected)., so little to nervous to insert the drills :(

I Got that tool, it made the holes PERFECT.

Here is a link

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=bea+000+001&LH_TitleDesc=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/34M...992.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dYTWOoI

But you will need two different sizes, the PLA Sensors bracket is bigger(27mm) than the front and rear brackets(18mm).

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
thanks for the information, that was very helpful.
Happy to help, I hope this could help others who would want to install this too.

When i installed mine i tapped into the can wires right where the module is, it was the hardest thing ive ever done in this car, there is barely space for one hand.

So when i get home i will try to find where the running gear sensor line goes from the gateway so it will be easier for you.

P.S
It appears that the running gear sensors wires go to the TIUL coupling point on the left of the drivers footwell, i attached a pic and it is on pins 3(high) and 4 (low).

Last edited:

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks, I was planning to tap it from that location as well. I am still in the process of ordering the parts from AliExpress which usually takes 30 - 60 days to be delivered.

Planning to do a detailed DIY post on this forum., with lots of pictures.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks, I was planning to tap it from that location as well. I am still in the process of ordering the parts from AliExpress which usually takes 30 - 60 days to be delivered.

Planning to do a detailed DIY post on this forum., with lots of pictures.

I Dont know how fast it is usually in the US but the kit arrived at my house in 2 weeks, aliexpress has great shipping methods.

If you are not ordering it as a kit make sure all the part numbers are correct.

Sounds great!

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Question regarding side sensors for PLA 2.0 (12 Sensor) setup

Question regarding side sensors for PLA 2.0 (12 Sensor) setup., I am trying to retrofit this on my 2017 Golf TSI (US version, front wheel drive) and ordered the PLA 2.0 Kit from AliExpress.

For the sensors, I received

10 Regular non-recessed brackets
10 sensors - 34D.919.275 A

2 Recessed Bracket/Holder 5GD.919.399 & 5GD.919.400
2 Sensors - 5Q0.919.297 D

I assume that - 5Q0.919.297 D goes on the front bumper on the 2 sides near the wheels.

For the rear side ones, sensor - 34D.919.275 can be used as used in all other positions ? As per the existing DIYs, I see that all the side positions uses recessed/flanged holders.

Can someone please clarify this please ? Attached below is the picture for reference.

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Question regarding side sensors for PLA 2.0 (12 Sensor) setup., I am trying to retrofit this on my 2017 Golf TSI (US version, front wheel drive) and ordered the PLA 2.0 Kit from AliExpress.

For the sensors, I received

10 Regular non-recessed brackets
10 sensors - 34D.919.275 A

2 Recessed Bracket/Holder 5GD.919.399 & 5GD.919.400
2 Sensors - 5Q0.919.297 D

I assume that - 5Q0.919.297 D goes on the front bumper on the 2 sides near the wheels.

For the rear side ones, sensor - 34D.919.275 can be used as used in all other positions ? As per the existing DIYs, I see that all the side positions uses recessed/flanged holders.

Can someone please clarify this please ? Attached below is the picture for reference.

There are 2 types of sensors on this kit, 10 regular ones and 2 brown sensors that are a bit taller, these are the two front PLA sensors.

My kit came with these brackets aswell but i knew that when ordering so i ordered 2 more PLA brackets seperatly and they arrived together( dont use the flush bracket for the side sensors)

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the info., ordered the rear PLA brackets locally and they are on the way now.