GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW! Performance Air Inlet Scoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey

Ready to race!
I would be more interested in a replacement grill option. Instead of hacking up my grill just to stick 2 plastic flaps inside.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
120 freedom bucks for a couple of pieces of plastic that are copied from forum members. I expected nothing less. USP will be getting my business from now on

That does not seem to necessarily be the case.

You guys know this is where the original idea came from right?

http://www.eventuri.net/products/vw-golf-mk7-gti/

That’s where the two forum members who sell them and the rest of us like myself who made our own got the idea.

Anyone who cares to support the little man will still buy from them, then there’s people who’d rather buy from ECS. Competition is just part of selling stuff

s4in7

Passed Driver's Ed
To be devil's advocate, the ECS scoop and trim is powder coated CNC'd aluminum--not plastic. I own and use Twist's quality metal scoop and love it, don't get me wrong.

For $70 a precision-made powdered aluminum inlet scoop and trim might seem a little steep, but it's not unreasonable IMO... people pay more for a tiny chunk of molded rubber or metal dogbone insert and other seemingly insignificant things.

I think it looks nice and clean, but am more than happy with my Twist!

penguinsgestapo

Passed Driver's Ed
To be devil's advocate, the ECS scoop and trim is powder coated CNC'd aluminum--not plastic. I own and use Twist's quality metal scoop and love it, don't get me wrong.

For $70 a precision-made powdered aluminum inlet scoop and trim might seem a little steep, but it's not unreasonable IMO... people pay more for a tiny chunk of molded rubber or metal dogbone insert and other seemingly insignificant things.

I think it looks nice and clean, but am more than happy with my Twist!

I agree with this. If you want function over form, go with the original. If its a show car probably would rather have the ECS version. Just how it is. I'll keep my original first batch.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for all the feedback guys! There are other options on the market, some of them are also fantastic.

As stated these are not plastic piece, these are CNC-bent 5052 aluminum that has been powdercoated for looks and protection. The cover tops are designed to mirror the honeycomb factory grille giving an "oem plus" appearance.

In before the Carbon Fiber $300 version lol it’s bound to happen
You know us well don't you.... :D

I would be more interested in a replacement grill option. Instead of hacking up my grill just to stick 2 plastic flaps inside.
We looked into that when we originally started this project last year at this time cost of production would have caused retail to be way out of line for what we felt it was worth.

-James

Last edited:

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Hey, buddy didn't patent them. Open play....

Imo, no one should be upset here. Competition is good.

Exactly! If anything, Twist can increase his prices now because the next cheapest option is almost double the price....capitalism at it's finest!

PS. I bought one from Twist a while ago. Love it!

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Would this work on a 2018 golf R? Is this only for the factory air box?

Status
Not open for further replies.