GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs DMF & Performance Clutch Kit

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Just had this fitted today - https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...-performance-clutch-kit-for-ppd170-cr170.html

Cars done 50k miles on the standard clutch, most of it whilst mapped. Started to feel a bit of slippage under hard acceleration and also noticed a knocking noise on tickover, presumably from the DMF, so I thought it was time to upgrade. Apparently the standard clutch is only good for up to 210bhp so I'm surprised it's lasted this long to be honest.

Initial thoughts are the clutch pedal is much stiffer with less travel, although I'm told this will improve once it's bedded in. Throttle response and power delivery seem better and no more knocking on idle so despite the price I'm very pleased with it!

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool. How much was fitting (if you don’t mind sharing)...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
£200 from Riverside Racing in Liverpool, took 4 hours.

Cheers for that mate. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Wait the description says it’s for the 170 engine, does it fit okay on the mk7/mk7.5?

Yes it fits mine which is a Mk7, so I presume the 7.5 is exactly the same.

Been on 3 days now, done a lot of miles so it's fully bedded in. I must say it's a massive upgrade on the standard clutch and the car seems faster every time I drive it! I didn't realise a clutch would make so much difference but it does, so much more responsive and pulls much better in the lower gears. I'm guessing I must have been losing a bit of power through the old one?

It also sounds different too, a bit more hard edged under acceleration, and the shove after each gear change is much more pronounced. I'm not a mechanic so not sure if this is normal but these are my observations.

Everything else on my car has been upgraded or modified, engine, shocks, springs, exhaust, intake, brakes, gearshift etc, and I didn't even consider changing the clutch but its made a bigger difference than anything else besides the engine map.

mike.coulter

Well that’s interesting. I may give them a call. What clutch disc did you opt for? And did you get the bearing with it too?

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Well that’s interesting. I may give them a call. What clutch disc did you opt for? And did you get the bearing with it too?

Definitely get the Organic one, apparently the Sintered one is very aggressive and is mainly for track use.

Yes I got the bearing too, not sure if it was needed but they used it anyway.