GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Small dent: repairable without painting?

Intred

Hi all,

After washing the car this weekend i noticed a small dent. No idea how it got there really.

Hoping the dealer can get it fixed without painting. You can see it on the body line of the fender.

Anyone know if this is doable?

Appointment on friday with the dealership.

Pic: https://imgur.com/gallery/oANWAIt

Funtuzzi

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel your pain:(

You are lucky the paint isn't damaged/ chipped. You should be able to remove that dent , and be good as new. I got a rock chip on the front of the hood, which also put a dent in the hood. Went to a Paintless Dent Removal shop in town, and the guy worked wonders. Was done in 15 minutes, and dent was gone. Looked like dent never happened, and I'm OCD perfectionist! Could not tell from any angle, light condition.

As long as you have access to the dent, so he can bring his tool behind dent, he will be able to massage dent, and remove it. I still had a paint chip to deal with, but looks like your paint is undamaged. Maybe a polish, and be like new!

Good luck!

jxkim

Passed Driver's Ed
best advice is get used to such small issues daily driving a car. i drive on the NJ turnpike and i see so much debris on the road getting spit out by tires, shit falling off trucks, etc etc.. (plus all the left lane campers make it unavoidable sometimes)

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I know I'm late to the party, but yes this is fixable. I had one in the same exact spot that was much worse. Looked like somebody shot a bb gun at it. PDR guy got it out in 15 minutes and buffed it, you could never tell it was there. Even with the minor paint damage