GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT Stage 2 Cast Production Sample Photos Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
so chinese made then.

10's lol, i don't plan on turning my setup up to 11 like you so i'll never see a 10. what i will see is a smile on my face from how much i am enjoying my car. That's what is important to me.
Get over yourself
If you say so sir, sounds like you know a lot about manufacturing. As for turning the car up to 11. Its the only way to do testing. 7500 miles turned up to 11, multiple 10-second slips, 7.88 sec 60-130, 3.17 sec 0-60, faster than a modified F80 M3 around Thunderhill road course, and still going strong. Did we mention it costs less than $2K retail? Were smiling ear to ear...:D

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
If you say so sir, sounds like you know a lot about manufacturing. As for turning the car up to 11. Its the only way to do testing. 7500 miles turned up to 11, multiple 10-second slips, 7.88 sec 60-130, 3.17 sec 0-60, faster than a modified F80 M3 around Thunderhill road course, and still going strong. Did we mention it costs less than $2K retail? Were smiling ear to ear...:D

yup, i do know very little about manufacturing.
I also know ALOT about turbos, drag racing and the supporting mods required to make a VW go fast. Hence, my turbo choice.

BTW 7500 mile on single car does not prove reliablity to me.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Vargas, do you honestly not understand how these responses come across?

I've been watching the various threads you've posted since well before your presale, but a resounding theme is your snarky, condescending retorts to the questions people (sometime potential customers) pose. I have no skin in the game, i hope for nothing but success for your turbo option, as options breed competition, but you desperately need to disconnect from your PR and have some perspective on how you're being perceived.

If you want to bring facts to the table, and debate those, i doubt you'll get much, if any, resistance. I can understand your perspective as well. You're working hard on an option, and reworking, in order to provide a solid product, and the response has been lukewarm at best. That being said, how you handle these criticisms and critiques being posed speaks volumes on how the potential service/support of your products will be handled. As your turbos have no track record (on our platform) you have to accept a certain level of apprehension; but when you bring condescension into these conversations this taints your image. This is not in regards to the customers that have waited for your turbo, you've been very upfront about that, but the critisisms this has drawn from other members are entirely up to you to either engage or ignore. I agree that a response is warranted, but when it degrades to outright snark, you're doing more harm than good.

You don't see Hank (iroz) or Arnold (Pag) or Clay (CTS) busting people ass in the forum, because frankly it's a huge turnoff. /rant

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I think his responses have been fine considering the hostility our other members are showing to him.

pieguy

Ready to race!
I think his responses have been fine considering the hostility our other members are showing to him.

I still remember INeedMorePSI's rants since day one.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
you are right , i do get hostile from time to time
just curious, have you learnt anything from these hostile discussions?

That VTT has a bolt-on turbo solution that could potentially get your GTI into the 10s and be reliable. He posts logs, dynos, videos of the car with their turbos, and still people shit on the guy. Granted, a turbo was supposed to come out in November, and it hasn't yet. But, wouldn't you rather they fix any potential problems before it's sold, then later on?

You said you were going with CTS, and that's fine, they do have their issues too, and good luck with their customer service.

I have no skin in this game, as I am going with DBV2 most likely. But, I do like to see all these options come out for our platform.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
If you someone is going to get snarky with us, we have no problem getting a little snarky back. Its all in good fun.

Anyways, moving on. Just ran the car once on 91 to get a baseline log for UM to make sure boost control is still spot on with the new production sample. Spool is amazing. We picked up almost 800RPM in spool over the original test turbo on 91, 500RPM with the original test turbo on E30, and it gives up about 200RPM to an IS38 which cannot even come close to making the power this turbo does. Keep in mind this is on shitty ACN 91, this most likely can be done with a stock fuel system and a tune with no sweat...:) We will run it more today, and get E85 back in it, crank her up...

This run was done on 25 psi boost target, tapering to about 24 up top.

First photo is just one pull on 91 only
Second photo overlay of the first sample vs this one both on 91 original running a JB4
Third photo overlay of the first sample on E30, and the new version on 91
Fourth photo overlay of the New version on 91 Vs IS38 on 91.

Attachments

• VTT Stage 2 91 Oct.jpg
    VTT Stage 2 91 Oct.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 363
  • VTT production Stage 2 91 Oct Vs Orginal Sample 91.jpg
    VTT production Stage 2 91 Oct Vs Orginal Sample 91.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 363
  • VTT production Stage 2 91 Oct Vs Orginal Sample E30.jpg
    VTT production Stage 2 91 Oct Vs Orginal Sample E30.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 366
  • VTT Stage 2 Vs IS38 91 Oct RPM.jpg
    VTT Stage 2 Vs IS38 91 Oct RPM.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 368

pieguy

Ready to race!
Man overlay 4 looks good. Also makes me sad knowing how shit our CA 91 is... Least corn isn't hard to find.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Man overlay 4 looks good. Also makes me sad knowing how shit our CA 91 is... Least corn isn't hard to find.
The RPM pick up got a bit wonky when we ran that IS38. Here it is overlaid with speed instead of RPM. So you can see the difference at redline. Its massive, +76WHP leading up to redline. Our turbo is holding TQ as long as the IS38 was holding power...:eek:

Attachments

• VTT Stage 2 Vs IS38 91 Oct 130 grab.jpg
    VTT Stage 2 Vs IS38 91 Oct 130 grab.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 308

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
The RPM pick up got a bit wonky when we ran that IS38. Here it is overlaid with speed instead of RPM. So you can see the difference at redline. Its massive, +76WHP leading up to redline. Our turbo is holding TQ as long as the IS38 was holding power...:eek:

Most of my brain really likes that graph. The part of my brain that stops me from spending all my money on car parts does not like that graph.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
That VTT has a bolt-on turbo solution that could potentially get your GTI into the 10s and be reliable. He posts logs, dynos, videos of the car with their turbos, and still people shit on the guy. Granted, a turbo was supposed to come out in November, and it hasn't yet. But, wouldn't you rather they fix any potential problems before it's sold, then later on?

You said you were going with CTS, and that's fine, they do have their issues too, and good luck with their customer service.

I have no skin in this game, as I am going with DBV2 most likely. But, I do like to see all these options come out for our platform.

I think the dbv2 is a solid choice. the dbv2 is also in the 10s but on pump, not e85gas, in full weight cars so it shows that it too can make serious power. sure it is a bit more but the savings in the just the fueling system offset the extra cost when comparing to the other $2k turbo out there in the market.
If you reread some of vargass' posts you will see he is quite happy to say that his $2k turbo is cheaper, which it is. But what he fails to mention is all the glorious results he has had with his setup takes the same amount ( or more) $$$ to achieve the bosses or efr he claims he is cheaper than.

He also refuses to divulge any info on who/where his turbo is made. Would you really buy turbo that you do not know the answer to these questions

I will let up on him when he answers those questions and admits that to achieve his goals it cost him just as much as the other " more expensive " options out there

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
I think the dbv2 is a solid choice. the dbv2 is also in the 10s but on pump, not e85gas, in full weight cars so it shows that it too can make serious power. sure it is a bit more but the savings in the just the fueling system offset the extra cost when comparing to the other $2k turbo out there in the market.
If you reread some of vargass' posts you will see he is quite happy to say that his $2k turbo is cheaper, which it is. But what he fails to mention is all the glorious results he has had with his setup takes the same amount ( or more) $$$ to achieve the bosses or efr he claims he is cheaper than.

He also refuses to divulge any info on who/where his turbo is made. Would you really buy turbo that you do not know the answer to these questions

I will let up on him when he answers those questions and admits that to achieve his goals it cost him just as much as the other " more expensive " options out there
DBV2 has a GTI in the 10's? Really please post that up, if they have a Golf R in the 10's, you might as well be talking, Apples, and Oranges. Golf R's can launch much harder than GTI's. Look we all know you are here to hate. That you think it costs more to achieve these results shows you are just that a hater. Let's break down what a turbo does, it pumps air. It's a glorified air pump. It does nothing else. It does not add fuel, it does not add timing, it does not do any of those things. ANY turbo that adds enough air to make 530+WHP is going to need upgrades to fueling, tune, the list goes on to do so safely. Go ahead, list what it took APR to get their GTI in the 10's piece by piece, with pricing. Also remember they had more weight loss than we did, and were running a dedicated track pack wheel/tire set up. We have 17" slicks on the front on a set of wheels that cost $130 for both, and stock wheels, and tires in the rear. If all these turbos could get GTI's in the 10's at any cost, where are they? There are a LOT of turbo upgrades out there. None have matched our performance in a GTI. As for the DBV2. Its a TD06 I believe. Someone post up a graph showing spool. We will gladly overlay it for you.

Again here is the challenge I am giving you:

Show us another GTI (Not Golf R) in the 10's with any turbo at any price
Show us another GTI running 3.17 0-60 with any turbo, at any price
Show us another GTI lapping a road course faster than a modified BMW F80 M3, that can just swap wheels, and tire, and go run 10's with any turbo at any price.

After you do all that:
Show us the same results with a turbo that cost under $2000, that is doing it all with a simple custom dual pump Walbro in the tank, a PR Aux fueling kit, UM tune, and E85. You keep saying how expensive our set up is.

Walbros are $75 each on Amazon, PR Aux fueling kit is $849. UM, tune is about $1500 with the parts we bought from them including the map sensors.

Hopefully, it doesn't take you too long to gather that info. If it does by the time you do, we will most likely have run faster, and quicker with our production version of the turbo... Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.