GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock exhaust pitted

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
New to the forum and looking to see if anyone may have a solution for this. I have had my mk7 GTI for about 7 months now and I cleaned my stock exhaust tips today only to see that they are badly pitted. I have read other threads saying that they have had this happen to them as well but so far no possible solutions outside of getting a new catback exhaust. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
You can simply get new tips. Lots of different types (screw on, weld on, etc.). No need for a full catback.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Have the oem tips cut off and replaced with welded on bigger, real stainless ones that fill the diffuser properly.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Thanks for the advice. I have been eyeing up the Remus exhaust but that clubsport does have a little better tune to it. Probably for a lot cheaper too. Just a shame that this happened less than a year of owning the car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I tried some metal polish on mine and it cleaned up nicely for most of the outside barrel. The very bottom inside the lip I could not remove the stain completely. The car runs pretty rich so it must be a GTI thing. I gave up and just wipe it down the best I can after a wash.

I don't have such black carbon build up on my Golf-R. One year later all 4 tips are still like-new.