GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
His answer isn't to clear, "most likely". On the post, Jamie stated that the dealer didn't know when the other tune was done, so i assumed they are talking about the jb4 because it isn't traceable, but maybe can tell because of how the engine perform, o2 reading, how fast rpm rev compare to stock, ects? If the ecu was tuned back to stock, wouldn't that leave some sort of data like time, date, ects?
Lol idk. That thread is all over the place to me. No idea what exactly happened.

Regardless, these are the only threads I could find that may be of interest to you:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=555332

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=282668

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
His answer isn't to clear, "most likely". On the post, Jamie stated that the dealer didn't know when the other tune was done, so i assumed they are talking about the jb4 because it isn't traceable, but maybe can tell because of how the engine perform, o2 reading, how fast rpm rev compare to stock, ects? If the ecu was tuned back to stock, wouldn't that leave some sort of data like time, date, ects?

I was told by my local dealer it would not be detected

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I just read the whole "2 blown turbo" thread and he claimed the dealer detected a second tune (jb4) in his ecu even after it was removed. I have searched and nothing much about being detected.

I had a neuspeed module installed for couple months when i first got the car. I had removed it for 5 months now. I'm worried it might be detected down the road if anything was to happen related to the drivetrain.

Can the dealer check your o2 sensor reading history and know it had some sort of piggyback installed? With the neuspeed installed, my muffler tip seem to get a little blacker.

Hope I can get a clear answer to this. Thanks.

I would take that thread with a pinch of salt.

Local to me all VW and Audi since last year September get full scans prior to being traded in and to date nothing has come of that. All flashed cars have gotten TD1.
I am aware of two large claims this year that where done with full scans and nothing came of those neither.
At this point I doubt there will be any changes in the ECU architecture that should have us concerned. When ECU's are developed they spend millions on them and they don't make changes after they are released so for this round we are good.

Pirate

Ready to race!
Maybe someone here has an answer, I tried the map 6 thread to no avail.
I'm going to be switching over to an is38 soon. Does anyone have any idea the numbers that an is38 will put down on jb4?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
But then you stack ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Here are my is38, jb4 Dyno numbers. The two separate were in third gear and it’s as follows, is38 with stock downpipe, is38 with modified downpipe and is38 with modified downpipe and more boost.

The other is a 3rd gear vs 4th gear run which it hits speed limiter therefore not giving me the true whp. We can guess it’s 345 and 373 ft lbs.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti

Here are my is38, jb4 Dyno numbers. The two separate were in third gear and it’s as follows, is38 with stock downpipe, is38 with modified downpipe and is38 with modified downpipe and more boost.

The other is a 3rd gear vs 4th gear run which it hits speed limiter therefore not giving me the true whp. We can guess it’s 345 and 373 ft lbs.

Always hitting that dang limiter. Anyone figure a way to remove it without paying $400-600 for a flashed tune

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Eric@Wages

Passed Driver's Ed
I am currently using Mod 1 on my 17 GTI Sport. What other Mod can I use without big modifications to the car, ie. DP??

Mod 2?? and what should I expect?

Thanks

Last edited:

Pirate

Ready to race!
Relative to the mods the flash tune should make more power than the JB4 side by side.
Sorry lol I'm not good at trying explain or ask questions. I'm asking if side by side an is38 on jb4 would overall make more power and have more too end than just regular stage 2 is20.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
Sorry lol I'm not good at trying explain or ask questions. I'm asking if side by side an is38 on jb4 would overall make more power and have more too end than just regular stage 2 is20.

i beat a ED stage 2 GTI on multiple roll runs with my map2 jb4 R. really did start to pull away in 3rd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pirate

Ready to race!
i beat a ED stage 2 GTI on multiple roll runs with my map2 jb4 R. really did start to pull away in 3rd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That's the answer I was looking for. I'm guessing having an intercooler and downpipe will help the is38 even further. Thanks!