GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R recall

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Edit: Ok, so I called around since I couldn't find any info on this and there doesn't seem to be any active recall. False alarm sorry. Mods please delete.

Had my car in the dealer yesterday and the service manager said that a recall just came out same day it was there. It's for the electronic brake controller. Just a heads up, I'm not sure of the years affected. Maybe someone here knows more about it.

Last edited:

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if it is for the hill hold feature as sometime one would have to step harder than just coming to a stop to prevent rolling backwards. Perhaps a new map to amplify the hill hold?

But I don’t really like that feature so if it is, I’ll ignore it.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Edit: Ok, so I called around since I couldn't find any info on this and there doesn't seem to be any active recall. False alarm sorry. Mods please delete.

Had my car in the dealer yesterday and the service manager said that a recall just came out same day it was there. It's for the electronic brake controller. Just a heads up, I'm not sure of the years affected. Maybe someone here knows more about it.

Ever look on VW's own website?

http://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/

Yellokilo

Passed Driver's Ed

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
You’re not really adding any backstory to that image, it’s only a select amount of cars that are effected and this is for dealers to become aware of an issue before they confirm the cars are ok to sell.