GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynamic Euro tails on 2018 Golf R

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Has anyone seen or installed the Mk 7.5 Euro dynamic taillights on a MK 7.5 US Golf R? I have found a lot of info for MK 7 installation. Just not much on the 7.5. The US Golf Rs use the same plugs as the Euro versions, so my current adaptor will not work with it. I assume the wiring would be the same though, might just have to pull some pins out and move them around?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Has anyone seen or installed the Mk 7.5 Euro dynamic taillights on a MK 7.5 US Golf R? I have found a lot of info for MK 7 installation. Just not much on the 7.5. The US Golf Rs use the same plugs as the Euro versions, so my current adaptor will not work with it. I assume the wiring would be the same though, might just have to pull some pins out and move them around?

I have the 7.5 Euro tailights on my 7.5 GTI and the process should be the same. You will need an adapter harness that is different than the one for the 7.5 lights to MK7 car. If you need any assistance, forum member "ZERO815" is the go to guy for this kind of stuff. He made me the harness and provided me with all the correct coding.[emoji869]

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
I have the 7.5 Euro tailights on my 7.5 GTI and the process should be the same. You will need an adapter harness that is different than the one for the 7.5 lights to MK7 car. If you need any assistance, forum member "ZERO815" is the go to guy for this kind of stuff. He made me the harness and provided me with all the correct coding.[emoji869]
Thanks for info, i was in the middle of swapping when i realized i had the wrong harness. I could probably make it work but ill have to look into more

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thanks for info, i was in the middle of swapping when i realized i had the wrong harness. I could probably make it work but ill have to look into more
No problem, the lights are one of my favorite mods.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Although the connectors are similar it’s not done with simple pin swapping.

The question becomes if you are looking for a permanent or temporary solution. With a permanent solution you need to swap pins, combine wires, and add several wires. A temporary solution is an adapter harness that you can take out before you sell the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk