GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fueling for straight e85...?

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Good observation. I've been reading that full E85 isn't necessary to achieve maximum brake torque, and it would seem the turbo has it's own efficiency zone limitations. Could it be E50 is a good place to be?

E50 pulls HARD. I really liked it. The new house were build is right next door to a E station, cant wait.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I wish my area had E85. Nothing between Upstate, SC and Charlotte, NC yet

There is supposed to be a BP by you with E85.
1010 Carolina Pl Dr, Fort Mill, SC

Can't confirm if it actually has it though. GL

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Even with bigger pump you would need tuning to run much over E65 to prevent off idle lean bank codes. A dialed in Cobb AP on full e85 would rip though.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Hardware-wise, is this all we would need to run E85? Are the injectors, lines, etc etc all up to the task? Currently working on a 91 octane tune from 5150, and the plan was to do an E30 tune next. Now I'm kicking around getting this and going full E85.

Even if E85 doesn't give a substantial benefit over E30/40/50 (maybe someone can chime in on whether it does?), it sure would make it easier only having to visit one pump to fill up.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
E85 would probably give you the coolest cylinder temps over the lesser mixes. That in addition to more timing would be a benefit. But, worse mpg's. Trade off somewhere.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Even with bigger pump you would need tuning to run much over E65 to prevent off idle lean bank codes. A dialed in Cobb AP on full e85 would rip though.
Been thinking about upping the mix. So basically going higher E levels runs greater chance of CEL due to trim adjustments too high? does that sound right?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Been thinking about upping the mix. So basically going higher E levels runs greater chance of CEL due to trim adjustments too high? does that sound right?

It is just an off idle lean code. You can go up to e60-e65 without any codes. If you do not have a device to erase keep it 50/50 or less. :).

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I wish my area had E85. Nothing between Upstate, SC and Charlotte, NC yet

In Greenville SC just about every other Spinx has E85. Comes from the racks in Spartanburg so I imagine there are Spinx between here and the line that would have E85. Good quality too as my ethanol gauge reads above 75% consistently.

Have been running E45 in the stock Tiggy with Gen 2 E888 and its real clean. Oil analysis shows fantastic combustion efficiency and nitration is usually around 7 abu every interval which is a good indication that little to no deposits are forming. It'll throw a CEl on anything above E60 but its only the obligatory lean part load light so no worries. E30 in the MKVII with new JB4 and it runs like a scalded dog in the high heat. Tuning out low rail pressure CEL but its mostly due to ECU dumping fuel to combat high EGTs. Find some wherever ya can.