GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to purchase 2015/2016 GTI. Whats the difference?

cpatel529

Ready to race!
I am in the market for a new car and the 2015/2016 GTIs definitely seem to fit the bill of what I am looking for. I prefer the 4-door version...

I am brand-new to the VW and GTI brand... Looking to see if anyone has any information that discusses the differences between a 2015 and 2016 model. I am looking at the regular GTI, Autobahn, Performance Package variants with a panoramic moonroof and navigation (or is it better to replace the headunit with an aftermarket stereo and Garmin-based unit)?

Located in Southern California.

Any help would be much appreciated. Looking to make a purchase in the upcoming weeks.

Chirag

slik

Ready to race!
biggest difference is the entertainment system and screen size. features like carplay are nice. Like many newer vehicles each year has a small refreshing that takes place.

xl1200r

Ready to race!
Biggest change is 2016 gets MIB II with a bigger, higher resolution screen, the addition of Mirrorlink, Apple Carplay and Android Auto, and the backup camera is standard.

Android Auto works great. If you plan on using that, I'd have a really hard time justifying the Autobahn to get factory navigation. As such, with a 2016, there is no need to get an aftermarket head unit in order to get a Garmin-based system.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
I am in the market for a new car and the 2015/2016 GTIs definitely seem to fit the bill of what I am looking for. I prefer the 4-door version...

I am brand-new to the VW and GTI brand... Looking to see if anyone has any information that discusses the differences between a 2015 and 2016 model. I am looking at the regular GTI, Autobahn, Performance Package variants with a panoramic moonroof and navigation (or is it better to replace the headunit with an aftermarket stereo and Garmin-based unit)?

Located in Southern California.

Any help would be much appreciated. Looking to make a purchase in the upcoming weeks.

Chirag
If u get the 2015, check to find out which version of turbo is on it. The earlier versions were blowing up.

AizenSosuke

Passed Driver's Ed
Another reason to consider the 2016 is the cam recall issue that affected late 15s and early 16s. Take a look at the affected vin range and make sure your ride falls outside of that or has been serviced already at least. The difference in the infotainment system alone make a compelling case for the 2016 model.

CrucialTaunt

I would suggest when you narrow down your purchase candidates that you request the dealer contact, maybe someone at their 'internet sales desk' to email you a copy of the Monroney window sticker with the VIN on it. It will tell you a lot and you can do a side by side comparison against candidates from other dealers. Made my research a lot easier once I'd figured this out. Also then do a VIN check on VW website to look for any recalls. https://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/

CrucialTaunt
'16 GTI/MT/Autobahn/PP/LP/CarbonSteel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xl1200r

Ready to race!
The 2015 will NOT have Android Auto.