GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 01-18-2016, 07:23 PM   #69
fullyswitched

Drives: GSW 1.8TSI
Hey Dave,

Check your PM's later on today I'm going to send you some pictures.
fullyswitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:17 AM   #70
Derf

Drives: 2016 Golf GTI S (USA)
This looks very good. I wish you had weighed everything before installing it, so we could know how much weight it adds. And also if you have any inkling as to how much of an improvement in aerodynamics this makes regarding a) in vehicle noise, b) gas mileage / fuel economy, c) driving dynamics
Old 02-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #71
golfdave

Drives: Defensively, avoiding all the other idiots!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
This looks very good. I wish you had weighed everything before installing it, so we could know how much weight it adds. And also if you have any inkling as to how much of an improvement in aerodynamics this makes regarding a) in vehicle noise, b) gas mileage / fuel economy, c) driving dynamics
All info in the posts just read it more.

Recap:=

Weights? The skid tray was 5kg, all other items one hand (no wrist strain)easy lift so light weight & probably under 0.7kg

Vehicle noise? NO additional noise, makes car quieter

Driving dynamics? The car feels more stable in cross winds & also in corners where it wants to lift the rear inside wheel. The rear axle tray makes the most difference part IV post5.

Fuel economy? considering I have added between 1m to 2m of flat (covered 1m to 2m of rough) to the underside of the car, the air will be more efficient & therefore better economy (basic aero laws).

Because I was adding these items in stages & on a new car the engine was not run in so direct before & after comparison is not achievable. Also I do not do a regular commute!

However I get the middle VW quoted figure on my car driving in sport mode (running on Shell Nitro) all the time so 42 to 48 accurate mpg (UK) in a 1.4TSI
golfdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #72
Universal_Remonster
Banned

Drives: MK7 GTI SE 6MT
All parts for the front tray can be ordered from Europe for about $250USD. I just placed an order along with a bunch of the other pieces in this thread.
Universal_Remonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:44 PM   #73
flygteye

Drives: MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Remonster View Post
All parts for the front tray can be ordered from Europe for about $250USD. I just placed an order along with a bunch of the other pieces in this thread.
Let us know all about them when you get them. I'm interested in these as well.
2015 GTI Autobahn, DSG, LP, Pure White | APR Stage 2 HO | Neuspeed P-Flo | Borla | GFB DV+ | APR TMD | VWR Turbo 90 | CTS Crank Pulley | StopTech+EBC Red Stuff | H&R 28mm front & 26mm rear sway bars | Neuspeed RSB links | VWR torque arm engine mount |
flygteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:43 AM   #74
Derf

Drives: 2016 Golf GTI S (USA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdave View Post

Recap:=

Weights? The skid tray was 5kg, all other items one hand (no wrist strain)easy lift so light weight & probably under 0.7kg

Vehicle noise? NO additional noise, makes car quieter

Driving dynamics? The car feels more stable in cross winds & also in corners where it wants to lift the rear inside wheel. The rear axle tray makes the most difference part IV post5.

Fuel economy? considering I have added between 1m to 2m of flat (covered 1m to 2m of rough) to the underside of the car, the air will be more efficient & therefore better economy (basic aero laws).

Because I was adding these items in stages & on a new car the engine was not run in so direct before & after comparison is not achievable. Also I do not do a regular commute!

However I get the middle VW quoted figure on my car driving in sport mode (running on Shell Nitro) all the time so 42 to 48 accurate mpg (UK) in a 1.4TSI
Thanks much! I have a growing list of mods I want to do now, and this just made the list.

Anyone in the US, post up what the total cost for all this comes out to (I see we've already added $250 for the front tray, curious what the full monty costs).
Old 02-20-2016, 08:00 PM   #75
fullyswitched

Drives: GSW 1.8TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdave View Post

On my trip home from NH to NJ through CT I saw an indicated 37.7 US mpg which would be 45.28 UK mpg. The distance traveled was 326mi with an average speed of 63mph. I made the trip in one sitting, no stops for anything. The duration was about 5 hours and fifteen minutes. I'm pleased with the observed results. The claimed highway mpg for my car is 36mpg US or 43.2 UK.

I believe my current typical average is 34.5 US mpg or 41.43 UK mpg. This is not surprising as I have the 1.8 TSI while Dave has the 1.4 TSI.

Last edited by fullyswitched; 02-20-2016 at 08:05 PM.
fullyswitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:26 AM   #76
Ursus americanus

Drives: 2016dsgPP3drSEdccLP
Quote:
Where did you order from?
Ursus americanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #77
Universal_Remonster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus americanus View Post
Where did you order from?
e-acca.com
Old 02-22-2016, 04:52 PM   #78
Ursus americanus

Quote:
e-acca.com
Thanks Mr. Remonster!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:43 PM   #79
Universal_Remonster
Banned

My parts arrived today but one of the tabs on the front of the oil pan undertray was broken off in shipment due to poor packaging. I'll update the thread when I hear back from acca and how they are going to handle the issue.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #80
Ursus americanus

I just placed my order last night, hopefully all my parts will arrive in tact.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #81
Chillout

Drives: Volkswagen Golf MK7 GTE
I believe part II (5Q0 825 229) is now replaced by

5Q0 825 230F
I ordered it for 5 euro's, I will let you know if it will fit.
Chillout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #82
Universal_Remonster
Banned

Quote:
I just placed my order last night, hopefully all my parts will arrive in tact.
Hopefully. e-acca is acting like scammers trying to claim that it was my fault that FedEx left the package while I was at work and that I should have been home to open the packaging while FedEx was standing there. Paypal claim filed.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:53 PM   #83
Ursus americanus

Quote:
Hopefully. e-acca is acting like scammers trying to claim that it was my fault that FedEx left the package while I was at work and that I should have been home to open the packaging while FedEx was standing there. Paypal claim filed.
Damn, that's some bs. Even if you were home no delivery person is going to stand there while you open and inventory your packages. Im second guessing ordering through them atm.... How long did delivery take and was everything else ok/included?
Old 03-02-2016, 06:45 PM   #84
Universal_Remonster
Banned

Quote:
Damn, that's some bs. Even if you were home no delivery person is going to stand there while you open and inventory your packages. Im second guessing ordering through them atm.... How long did delivery take and was everything else ok/included?
Yeah, they're pretty scummy. I've never lost a paypal claim though and I'm positive that I won't lose this one.

Delivery was quick once it finally shipped thanks to fedex. We use them exclusively at work and they're great.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #85
Universal_Remonster
Banned

FWIW, I easily won my Paypal case against e-acca and it will be easier for others to do so in the future since another strike has been placed against their account.

I'm going to try to repair the damage to the skid tray and install next week. Not sure if it will work or not.

Tags
rough road package, skid trays, stone guards, under trays