GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 11-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #52
golfdave

Drives: Defensively, avoiding all the other idiots!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStone View Post
Rear exhaust tray seems to be correct shape, but too long? Panel is embossed 5Q0 825 206K, no sign of C part number on it.
Shame there isn't a panel behind the front exhaust trim.
Info from page 1 here that C is replaced by K version, just on the earlier one which were still in stock had C when made & they were stickered over with K.

Did you remember to fit the front edge tabs into the rear edge of the existing side tray??.............

& the rest of the exhaust tunnel will not be covered due to heat build up...........

QUOTE "

VW parts list & approx costs in UK
Item No. 18:- 5Q0 825 206C (K), Underbody trim, 13.31

Info
Part code 5Q0 825 206C, although ETKA says product has been superseded by version "K". product still has "C" moulded onto it, & is stickered over with "K" on ID sticker! Both of the clip/speed nuts fit at the front edge of the new trim, & have the two bolts going through the new trim & existing trim into the clip nuts, just like on your typical VW engine undertray.

ETKA describes this rear trim as "production ceased 2013, replacement part is K".

Fitting
Locate the rear two existing threaded studs (one on fuel tank, other on bracket opposite this near the wheel arch). Align the trim so that the two metal speed washers locate over these studs, then align the front edge of the trim with the rear edge of the big side under tray. The edge on the new trim has a tab which has to clip into the rear of the existing trim, align & fit. Then using a flat head screwdriver positioned in the slots of the speed washers screw them up fully onto the studs. Then go back & insert the screws into the front holes/clip nuts, & tighten up (T-25 size bit/key required).

END QUOTE"
golfdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #53
ColinStone

Drives: MKVII 2016 Match Bluemotion 1.0 TSI
Golfdave - thanks. I think the panel has changed. With one washer on the fuel tank, the other is on a short leg that is trying to seat next to the trailing arm, but no threaded stud. There is a 10cm overlap at the front end of the panel and a 5cm at the rear over the beam axle.

The part seems to have disappeared from partsbase VW but are on the Audi pages.

From the Audi pages and PR codes, looks like I need part 5G0 825 206D.

Will have an unused 5G0 825 206C/K for the multi link suspension for sale.

Last edited by ColinStone; 11-27-2015 at 02:59 PM.
ColinStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #54
golfdave

Quote:
Golfdave - thanks. I think the panel has changed. With one washer on the fuel tank, the other is on a short leg that is trying to seat next to the trailing arm, but no threaded stud. There is a 10cm overlap at the front end of the panel and a 5cm at the rear over the beam axle.

The part seems to have disappeared from partsbase VW but are on the Audi pages.

From the Audi pages and PR codes, looks like I need part 5G0 825 206D.

Will have an unused 5G0 825 206C/K for the multi link suspension for sale.
Let me know on this thread because it looks like it could be different because of the axle, which is strange?

Oh well a nice ornament then, mind you I have the same problem with the rear jack pads as Kevinm got parts with the wrong last letter & so did I ......arrggg.

Also just having to re-do my short shift kit info how to as found a problem...............BUGGER!!!!
Old 11-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #55
fullyswitched

Drives: GSW 1.8TSI
Not sure how many users in this thread are in the US but if you are and if you're fitting your car with the full compliment of factory aero pieces some of which are not available through US dealerships. I came across a source in the UK willing to ship to the US. I've been exchanging emails with Noel of Deutsche Parts. Noel can get the European market parts and is willing to ship them to the US. I've requested a pair of hatch spoilers/diffusers 5G9-805-945-041 & 5G9-805-946-041 along with the 5Q0-825-229-C underbody panel.
fullyswitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #56
golfdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullyswitched View Post
Not sure how many users in this thread are in the US but if you are and if you're fitting your car with the full compliment of factory aero pieces some of which are not available through US dealerships. I came across a source in the UK willing to ship to the US. I've been exchanging emails with Noel of Deutsche Parts. Noel can get the European market parts and is willing to ship them to the US. I've requested a pair of hatch spoilers/diffusers 5G9-805-945-041 & 5G9-805-946-041 along with the 5Q0-825-229-C underbody panel.
What about the VW Skid tray parts?

VW parts list & approx costs in UK
Item No. 23:- 5Q0 825 902C, Underrun bar (Skid tray), 195.73***
Item No. 24:- 909 747 01, Black wide head T-star screw A04B, 0.16 (x7)
Item No. 25:- 019 530 7, Flange hex head bolt (M8x25mm), 0.93 (x7)
Item No. 26:- 5Q0 825 921, Retaining bracket, 6.98***
Item No. 26:- 5Q0 825 922, Retaining bracket, 6.98***

I know of some posters from the USA who want to fit these...
Old 11-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #57
ColinStone

>Let me know on this thread because it looks like it could be different because of the axle, which is strange?

The beam axle is further fwd than the multilink bits; fwd trailing arm mounting point is just fwd of the tyre.

>Oh well a nice ornament then, mind you I have the same problem with the rear jack pads as Kevinm got parts with the wrong last letter & so did I ......arrggg.

Are those the Audi rear jacking point pads that slot into the two holes in the side beams at the rear?

Last edited by ColinStone; 11-27-2015 at 06:46 PM.
ColinStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #58
golfdave

Front & rear pads, his thread here, I am looking to doing a proper how to stand alone guide.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showth...?t=3266&page=2

quite a way down the page
Old 11-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #59
fullyswitched

I will ask Noel. The pricing he gave me was just as you had listed which I suspect is list price. I think the real question is what is it going to cost to ship such a large piece. It may bring the cost into line with just buying the piece used on the A3 Cabrio here in the US which is aluminum (5Q7-825-237-A OR 237-B) and lists for $429. That piece is already nearly twice the cost of an aftermarket aluminum piece here in the US. I do have a slightly damaged 5Q7 piece here at work which I've been meaning to test fit. The 5Q7 piece is slightly longer (likely covers the entire subframe) than the 5Q0-825-236-Q I put on my GSW 1.8TSI.

I realize it is of little consequence but those hardware items N-909-747-01 and N-909-747-01 are available in the US.

Also, thank you for taking the time to write about fitting the hatch spoilers I wasn't sure how they were to be attached.

Aero tangent, last night I watched an EVO review of the Golf Clubsport. The CS comes with some revised aero to produce downforce on the rear axle and reduce lift on the front. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wfr6Ge_XHE. I'm curious what underbody panels the CS will come fitted with. If you ever see a CS snap a picture of the VIN so we can see what the catalog suggests the car is equipped with.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #60
fullyswitched

Quote:
Golfdave - ordered parts but dealer said I have to order the fixings in packs of 25 as the parts aren't used by the dealers. I've ordered fixings individually in the past at a now closed dealer and in France, so wonder if this is new? Haven't paid, so will investigate when I collect.
Hey Colin, Sometimes hardware items are only provided to us (dealerships) by VW/Audi as a quantity like 20 or 25. The worst is when you need a single drain washer and the minimum quantity is 100. This is exactly the case with N-013-849-2 (copper M14 drain washer I used hundreds of every year but that was ten years back). Very annoying of VW/Audi to do this and they do it at random it seems. It is possible that the dealership may have had the part previously or perhaps the status of the part changed, it went from being available as a single piece to available only as a packaged quantity. The dealership can not return the other 24 if you only need one, we can only return to VW/Audi the packaged quantity. I suppose if I need to return a bag of 100 N-013-849-2 washers somebody in a warehouse has to count out 100 washers before deciding if they are going to give us credit for the return.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #61
golfdave

To Fullyswitched,

VWUK has ben a PITA to the dealers recently, I know the parts dept there for the past 20yrs!!!

I agree that shipping will really cost, I know another poster "paulkromz"? who was asking if my UK dealer would ship the skidtrays over! I said not only cost for big item but the USA import taxes on euro stuff is high.

Let me know that happens if you manage to sort a good solid tray for USA!

As for the spoilers, yes I saw a GTD estate at the dealers & just got the VIN & part no.s......I would defo rip the vW double side off & fit my own tape butted up to the edges, you will know what I mean when you se them, but sealing them in with sealant for existing helps prevent carp getting in, well too much anyway!!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #62
ColinStone

Rear exhaust undertray all sorted. VW dealer agreed to order 5G0 825 206J for beam rear axle and just exchange for the wrong one.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #63
Chad1376

Drives: 2018 R MT LAPIZ BLUE
I need to read this thread in more depth. While crawling under my car this weekend to change springs, I noticed the control module and wires for the PP LSD look very vulnerable. It hangs just behind the oil pan, and doesn't sit very far above the lowest point on the car. It seems like one rock, if bounced up just right, could do some costly damage here. I'm a bit disappointed VW didn't provide more protection for this.
Chad1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #64
golfdave

Quote:
Rear exhaust undertray all sorted. VW dealer agreed to order 5G0 825 206J for beam rear axle and just exchange for the wrong one.
That's good of them!!

Let me know as I can then redo the appropriate section & include the part no for the beam axle & credit info to you!
Old 12-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #65
fullyswitched

The push rivets listed N-038-549-4 can be swapped out for two alternatives which are easier to work with as their center pin is less likely to be lost when removing the underbody panel for service work. It is a minor detail but given the choice I'd pick the alternatives over the catalog suggestion which is obviously the cheapest of the three to manufacture.

8E0-825-267 These allow you to pull the center pin out using a right angle pick or pair or specialized pliers.

4D0-807-300
These have a three position pin. The center pin is more or less captive during use. The three pin positions are proud/unlocked , flush/locked, indented/unlocked. Once installed the pin pressure is released by pushing the pin farther in to step over an internal notch and now the push rivet can be extracted by pulling. The pin is reset when the rivet is removed, the does not need to exit the rivet.

Last edited by fullyswitched; 12-12-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #66
Sportsvan

Drives: Sportsvan 1.6 TDi DSG
Very good information! I had no idea about these different push rivets
Sportsvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #67
ColinStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdave View Post
That's good of them!!

Let me know as I can then redo the appropriate section & include the part no for the beam axle & credit info to you!
All exchanged, fitted and fine. 5 mins to fit. Think one spire nut required, but had a few in the garage.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #68
Blade3562

Drives: '15 Golf, '17 GSW 4Mo
So I'm in for a source to the states. I have contacted several dealerships and none are able to because of the stupid VWoA international rules. ECS said they can but the cost will be very high. I wonder if a group buy would help bring down cost? I wouldn't mind buying through DAP they've been a huge help with everything to this point!
Blade3562 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rough road package, skid trays, stone guards, under trays