GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 01-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #86
golfdave

Drives: Defensively, avoiding all the other idiots!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedadiah View Post
My North American Golf TDI S doesn't have a 5th pin in the T17d housing, so I'll need to run a wire directly from my switch to the ABS unit. Does anyone know what the VW terminal that goes into the ABS connector is? MQS? MCON? Micro Timer? and if so then what wire gauge? Buying the terminals is way cheaper than buying repair wires.

Heres the best page I've ever found for identifying pins https://www.a4-freunde.com/showwiki....s+dazu+gehoert

Look at above post link to TPMS thread where I wired to ABS unit......also I used 0.5mm2 (cross sectional area not diameter)..is the choice of wire for these items & matched the OEM wires & the OEM repair wires are in different sizes & I think this was the thickest for that connector...
golfdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #87
jedadiah

Drives: '15 Golf TDI S
Thanks. I found it. I also noticed that you can see the terminal in the Ali express harness link a few pages back.
jedadiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #88
Hotwire

Drives: 2017 GSW Highline
I ordered the Aliexpress harness.. But its been almost 2 months for delivery. I have the instructions and Pin numbers. but I am not sure of the pin style for the connectors.

any idea how I figure out what style I need? i bought the two "Repair wires" suggested at the beginning of the thread. The wires go to the BCM plug C.

thank you very much
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #89
murtaza911

Drives: 2016 Golf 1.8t Tsi
Does this kit include everything I need? My car currently has no buttons at all (Base model golf)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Driv...ceBeautifyAB=0
Also, any idea if it's possible to repurpose the other buttons? I'd like to wire them up to a garage door opener hidden in the dash somewhere.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #90
golfdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtaza911 View Post
Does this kit include everything I need? My car currently has no buttons at all (Base model golf)
[Also, any idea if it's possible to repurpose the other buttons? I'd like to wire them up to a garage door opener hidden in the dash somewhere.
Looks like it has all you need...& yes other people have repurposed one of the other buttons for a garage door opener..several threads on here about it...
Old 07-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #91
murtaza911

Drives: 2016 Golf 1.8t Tsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdave View Post
Looks like it has all you need...& yes other people have repurposed one of the other buttons for a garage door opener..several threads on here about it...
Great thanks!

Yeah I saw the other threads making a garage door opening, but didn't know if they used this switch or something else.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #92
carlosalicea

Drives: MKVII GTI
I need some help here.

I performed the change (bu the way passcode for the abs module is 40168), and it works with the side effect that when you flat out (full throttle) then the system activates ESC automatically.
I changed it back to 09 (stock) but the side effect stays.

I only wanted to be able to track the car without traction control and now I cannot.

Any help or direction will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Hel SS brake lines, Motul 660 fluid, and EBC yellows.
carlosalicea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:48 PM   #93
golfdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosalicea View Post
I need some help here.

I performed the change (bu the way passcode for the abs module is 40168), and it works with the side effect that when you flat out (full throttle) then the system activates ESC automatically.
I changed it back to 09 (stock) but the side effect stays.

I only wanted to be able to track the car without traction control and now I cannot.

Any help or direction will be appreciated.
Thanks.
you cannot 100% turn off ESC ..the only way is to remove the fuse...then you get warning lights....
Old 09-29-2018, 03:00 AM   #94
x2001pmq

So Dave I finally had a chance to come back to this. My abs connector does not have a pin 39, the max is pin 38, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
x2001pmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #95
golfdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2001pmq View Post
So Dave I finally had a chance to come back to this. My abs connector does not have a pin 39, the max is pin 38, any ideas?

The Connector on the ABS unit (J104) is a 46 pin connector....& wires in 38, 44, 45, 46 etc..
Old 09-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #96
x2001pmq

I logged into Erwin and got the wiring diagram and connector pinout. For my car it has a 38 pin connector and the signal/esc is in pin 4 with a vi/gr wire.

My car is a NA 2016 vw golf tsi base model, perhaps thatís the reason for the difference

x2001pmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #97
golfdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2001pmq View Post
I logged into Erwin and got the wiring diagram and connector pinout. For my car it has a 38 pin connector and the signal/esc is in pin 4 with a vi/gr wire.

My car is a NA 2016 vw golf tsi base model, perhaps that’s the reason for the difference

I thought it might be the manual -vs- the electronic handbrake but the info I have still gives the same abs pin outs...it might be wrong..anyway at least you found the pin outs..