GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > MK7 photos, videos, media

Old 06-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
GeorgeHill

Drives: MK6 GTI
Arrow Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

GeorgeHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
VDubber

Drives: VW Golf Mk7 GTi / Mini Countryman CooperS All4
The Story....from the begining....
then after a day of polishing....

Sent from my HTC One

VW Golf MK7 GTi | Reverse Camera | Park Assist | High Beam Assist | Rear Side Airbags | Autoglym Lifeshine

Last edited by VDubber; 06-12-2014 at 06:24 AM.
VDubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #3
JohnLA

Drives: 2011 vw gti/1998 vespa px200; both manuals
Location: on a beach near los angeles/summers on a greek island
Thumbs up

looking great.

tempting. as red should be...

last red car in my family was a 1970 chevy camaro...got my first ticket in that thing at 16; actually slammed on the breaks, went into full wheel lock thru a 4-way red stop sign intersection. stopping smack in the middle of the intersection. a cop was stopped at the right stop sign. just pointed at me and from his window said 'pull over to the right.' friends in my car laughing their asses-off...

as i said, really tempted to get red when i see your pics. looks fantastic.
JohnLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
VDubber

Thank you 😊

Hopefully you're older and wiser now...lol....and with modern technology, a lot safer as well!

To be honest...every photo of the GTi's that are posted all look fantastic...I wish I could have one in every colour 😁

Well....maybe not them all.....

Sent from my HTC One

VW Golf MK7 GTi | Reverse Camera | Park Assist | High Beam Assist | Rear Side Airbags | Autoglym Lifeshine
Old 06-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #5
JohnLA

ha!

yeah, much older now. wiser/ debatable. ironically i got my first ticket (for speeding) in almost 30 years last year in my gti. no complaints. i deserve many more.

that's a lot of candy!

#'s 28, 30, and 31 would be awesome...
Old 06-12-2014, 07:10 AM   #6
VDubber

We don't have much choice of colours here in the UK basically white, black, blue, red and silver...what about in the USA? I think Germany has almost all of these available to them. I have however seen a brand new MATTE Black GTi for sale at one of our local dealers...but not sure where the option for this came from

Sent from my HTC One

Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #7
JohnLA

not much choice here either;

red, midnight blue, 2 blacks i think, carbon grey, reflex silver and 'candy' white.

i really like the oryx. no go here. between white (again) and red. i will put anthracite colored wheels on either. i think the wheels will really look good on red.

Last edited by JohnLA; 06-12-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #8
Kilo

Drives: MK7 GTI
Tornado Red GTI from Singapore. Running on Eibach Pro-kit springs and 18" x 8.5J +47 BBS CH-Rs.

Looking to get an understated bodykit to visually bring it closer to the ground.
Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #9
VDubber

The Oryx would be my next of choice...or black. I must say though I am really suprised your GTi's aren't fully loaded with all the bells & whistles...The Youtube video I saw when VW loaned them a car prior to its release in the States kind of hinted it would be...the bi-xenons with the red stripe are what makes it distinctive from the rest....and you have a handbrake!

Sent from my HTC One

Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #10
VDubber

That looks good Kilo

Sent from my HTC One

Old 06-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #11
JohnLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubber View Post
The Oryx would be my next of choice...or black. I must say though I am really suprised your GTi's aren't fully loaded with all the bells & whistles...The Youtube video I saw when VW loaned them a car prior to its release in the States kind of hinted it would be...the bi-xenons with the red stripe are what makes it distinctive from the rest....and you have a handbrake!

Sent from my HTC One
yup.

we were expecting lot's more from VWoA since the cars are being built in mexico. many thought and VWoA stated that many more packages or options would be available.

i think eventually they will. this start-up of the roll-out has been a bit of a mess i believe. not sure the reasons.

it's why i am trying to wait patiently. performance pack, bigger screen, led tails, maybe those neat alcantara plaids...

one can hope!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #12
JohnLA

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
Tornado Red GTI from Singapore. Running on Eibach Pro-kit springs and 18" x 8.5J +47 BBS CH-Rs.

Looking to get an understated bodykit to visually bring it closer to the ground.
this!^^^^

brilliant. very very nice. have been wanting to see that color of wheel on the red.

enjoy your car in good health!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #13
VDubber

Hold out for the Bi-Xenons with leds...they are awesome!
Do you get to build your own GTi from scratch from factory, or is it just whats available direct from your dealers?

Sent from my HTC One

Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #14
JohnLA

Kilo;

if you get the chance could you take some photos from straight in front of your car and directly behind your car? i am curious about the beautiful flush tires.

also, any rubbing or bottoming-out with your suspension/tire/wheel set-up?

thanks.

again, beautiful ride.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #15
JohnLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubber View Post
Hold out for the Bi-Xenons with leds...they are awesome!
Do you get to build your own GTi from scratch from factory, or is it just whats available direct from your dealers?

Sent from my HTC One
no builds direct from the factory unfortunately.

not the american way. decades ago you could. my parents generation (1950's) ordered american cars and then waited like you guys.

now, it's what is on the lot generally. or, w/the gti, they take a deposit on one of the 3 available 'packages' (s, se, autobahn) right now if there is not a car on the lot available. only 'extra' right now is the bi-xenons. this deposit deal only really happens on new, much anticipated cars.

i would never give a deposit on a car here in the states. it takes away your negotiating ability i feel. your held 'captive' and taken out of the market.

in the usa it can be a real hassle buying a car. unless you like to negotiate. lol

again, i am waiting when things calm down and cars will be on the lots. deals and options will be greater for sure than right now.

i do like how in europe you can order a car with specifics. too many of us here i think to do that. though i hear with mini coopers you can customize. maybe other cars too. don't know. again, you go to a dealer generally and walk around the lot, take a few cars for a spin and then hit the dealership office to try and make a deal.

i wonder if they can order consumer specific cars in china? (seriously)
Old 06-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #16
VDubber

Jeezo! Sounds a bit dull....we still have massive negotiating power ordering via dealers for a factory built to order car...they have massive profit margins on new cars, and even more if you finance via VW as well. They generally make around 4k on a new car so you can look at getting options throw in for free or save a bundle on invoice price.

There are a lot of companies you can buy a factory order direct from as well...so you can bypass the dealers and save even more cash

Sent from my HTC One

Old 06-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #17
Kilo

Drives: MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLA View Post
Kilo;

if you get the chance could you take some photos from straight in front of your car and directly behind your car? i am curious about the beautiful flush tires.

also, any rubbing or bottoming-out with your suspension/tire/wheel set-up?

thanks.

again, beautiful ride.
Sure! Have just spent the past few days driving. Would've loved the wheels to be more flushed with the sides. As it is, I do get a little rubbing when I go over humps too quickly.
Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote