GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tow Hook Storage Location?

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
Where does the tow hook go? Mine came just sitting in the hatch side pocket at delivery. Looked all over the hatch/spare tire area and can't seem to find a cutout place to store it. Where does it go?

here:

sidepocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine was wedged between the spare and the inside taillight section. There is no "nice" place for it as far as I know.

weborican

I've had my 2017 GTI for a couple of weeks now, and I too cannot figure out where to store the screw-in towing eye! Mine was delivered with it inside one of the two side storage compartment in the trunk, but it is loose and bops around during driving.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
mine fit in the Styrofoam packing that holds the jack kit. Good luck getting the kit out w/o it breaking.

Mud

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yes, it goes in the foam block. Separate the two halves and theres a spot there (out of memory)

plac

GTI Master
So did all of you only have 1 hook? I found this in the brand new car I bought last night...

GAH!!!! HOLY PICTURE SIZE

Jartin

I can't find a tow hook in my 2018 GTI S. There's not one in the jack foam, and there's not one in the roadside assistance kit. Are any 18 owners able to locate their tow hooks?