GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sunvisor rattle

Chjm

Anyone else had a rattle from their sunvisor? My driver's side sunvisor rattles constantly over bumps. If you flick it you can feel it's looser than the passenger side one and is rattling against the roof. I have had it in to vw and they have replaced the sunvisor which worked for a couple of weeks but then it came back, then they replaced the spring which didn't work at all. Anyone else had this problem, it's driving me bonkers and my local vw isn't that close so it's a pain driving over and using my day off work for a stupid rattle!!

surrealjam

Ready to race!
Anyone else had a rattle from their sunvisor? My driver's side sunvisor rattles constantly over bumps. If you flick it you can feel it's looser than the passenger side one and is rattling against the roof. I have had it in to vw and they have replaced the sunvisor which worked for a couple of weeks but then it came back, then they replaced the spring which didn't work at all. Anyone else had this problem, it's driving me bonkers and my local vw isn't that close so it's a pain driving over and using my day off work for a stupid rattle!!

Yep! I could hear mine when I shut the door. I just stuck something like this to the roof lining to stop the damn thing http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Silicone...elf-Adhesive-Circles-/191894342534?nav=SEARCH

surrealjam

Ready to race!
What do they look like in the car? Don't really want to stick something on the roof if I can help it, but if it looks OK may have to get some.

Try to match the head lining colour and it should be fine. They are pretty small and they come off easily if you change your mind without leaving any marks.

Wedge something up there temporarily to check if it's going to do the job. Mine was easy to replicate by just opening and shutting the driver door.

Chjm

Try to match the head lining colour and it should be fine. They are pretty small and they come off easily if you change your mind without leaving any marks.

Wedge something up there temporarily to check if it's going to do the job. Mine was easy to replicate by just opening and shutting the driver door.

OK cheers, will have to look at getting some then.

alanesmith

I have a great cure, I have cut some black sponge earphone pads, the sort they have free on airline earphones and fitted into the credit card holder at the side of the mirror housing
Wedges in nicely under the card holder, bulging out within the card holder

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
This is amazing, maybe they realized this issue existed and re did the clip, but mine is so freaking tight, I'm afraid I'm going to break the clip when I pull it.

Pretzel1

Ready to race!
This is amazing, maybe they realized this issue existed and re did the clip, but mine is so freaking tight, I'm afraid I'm going to break the clip when I pull it.

The rattle is when the sun-visor is in its normal 'not in use' position, as soon as you lower the visor to shield the sun the rattle stops.

I use a small felt disc to cure the rattle on mine.

plac

GTI Master
i have this too i noticed. it appears it is plastic on plastic at that point.