GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone with over 100k?

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
I know the mk7 is fairly new, but just wondering how they are holding up after 100k. I only got 43k on mine but am planning on keeping it 150k+. I haven't had any mechanical issues, the only thing thats happened (which seems to be pretty common) is the metal trim is popping up around and on the shifter requiring a little superglue and tape so it didn't cut the crap outta me again lol. Also every week I'll get "error service vehicle in park position" warning message that pops up for like half a second which again seems to happen to some people.

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Glad you started this. I have similar current miles and a 15 GTI S with the same long term mileage goal. Yes, mine has the same "error message" but only once every few months. Spooky!

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Newish in north America, in Europe there are numerous high mileage mk7s since they've been around since 2012... I've seen ads with plenty of mk7s around 125k mile range, and some with 180-200k

I mention this because you may be able to find some more info on high mileage mk7s on European forums

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Not at 100K yet, but approaching quickly. At 87K now, and drive over 500 miles per week (sometimes up to 1K), so I will be there by the end of the year :)

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!

Chuckable

Ready to race!
Also every week I'll get "error service vehicle in park position" warning message that pops up for like half a second which again seems to happen to some people.

Is yours DSG? If so, the error message is likely referring to the shifter assembly. Dealer replaced mine under warranty.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
No I'm just a pessimist, and this is my first new German car, and my parents had a shitload of problems with their 03 Passat.

That was 15 years ago.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I know the mk7 is fairly new, but just wondering how they are holding up after 100k. I only got 43k on mine but am planning on keeping it 150k+. I haven't had any mechanical issues, the only thing thats happened (which seems to be pretty common) is the metal trim is popping up around and on the shifter requiring a little superglue and tape so it didn't cut the crap outta me again lol. Also every week I'll get "error service vehicle in park position" warning message that pops up for like half a second which again seems to happen to some people.

My brother in law gets this same error on his. Dealer said its something to do with the shifter assembled as mentioned by Chuckable. Take it in and they will fix it

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
No I'm just a pessimist, and this is my first new German car, and my parents had a shitload of problems with their 03 Passat.

Yeah, the time they had tons of electrical gremlins, that left a hell of a black eye for them.

Doubt current VW's are as bad

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Yes it is the dsg, but I’m out of my bumper to bumper warranty, would it be covered under the Powertrain warranty?