GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB 2 App connect Part Number

SoLiTeR

How can i Know if a headunit has App Connect Installed or not? Can it be done through Checking the PN? or I Need to connect it the a car and check?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
easiest way is to plug it in and find out. If it's MIB2 and from a stateside vehicle, it should (albeit component protection will be active and you won't get sound out of the speakers). it won't be plug and play to get carplay/app connect functioning if you've purchased a MIB2 unit though. There's another thread that details the swap.

SoLiTeR

easiest way is to plug it in and find out. If it's MIB2 and from a stateside vehicle, it should (albeit component protection will be active and you won't get sound out of the speakers). it won't be plug and play to get carplay/app connect functioning if you've purchased a MIB2 unit though. There's another thread that details the swap.

Yea but i bought it off ebay, so no way to plug it in and check.

CP and paying extra to activate App Connect is something i will have to do when retrofitting it.

but if my car Does not have NAV, and the unit i bought has the blue connector for the GPS Antenna, will it still work? can i just leave it not connected to anything?