GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R vs 2018 M240 Xdrive

adam1991

Banned
That being said, if you really are interested in actually being able to drive the R, as others have said, go to a different dealer.
I'm not sure how far you are from Wilmington DE, but Smith VW is a phenomenal dealership. You can get your new car factory warranty voided before you even pick it up from them. It would be worth the trip and I know they have a white 2018 R in stock because I was there on Monday.

Fixed that for you.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Oh wow, I'm sure everyone forgot that a tune voids your warranty. Thanks for reminding us and contributing

If you get a tune AND street race it's a wash. Warranty back on.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
New Camaro vs lightly used 'Vette...I'll take the 'Vette every time.

I'll have to play devil's advocate here and ask. Why would you even want a Corvette when you're so opposed to speeding? Do you have a rule as to how much over the limit you're willing to go and maintain your internet persona? I'm really putting myself in the crosshairs of Adam's wits by making these comments. It could be liquid courage, I don't know..

adam1991

Banned
I'll have to play devil's advocate here and ask. Why would you even want a Corvette when you're so opposed to speeding? Do you have a rule as to how much over the limit you're willing to go and maintain your internet persona? I'm really putting myself in the crosshairs of Adam's wits by making these comments. It could be liquid courage, I don't know..

hmmmm. I'm opposed to street racing, particularly on surface streets, therefore....

Maybe you could dig into that liquid a little bit deeper.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
hmmmm. I'm opposed to street racing, particularly on surface streets, therefore....

Maybe you could dig into that liquid a little bit deeper.

I'm not a fan of street racing myself, but what's the difference between speeding and racing? Either way you're going too fast for the street. If you want a Corvette and keep it under 65mph at all times, what's the point? Also there's this...

You were doing 100 on city streets, and think that's cool?

Assholes all.

You don't get to determine what's safe and what's "not putting anyone else in danger".

If I were to buy a Corvette, I'm sure I'd hit a 100 somewhere at least once..

Last edited:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
And your soul will forever be stained.

For

Ev-er.

One time I hit 140 in the R, I immediately recited Psalm 23:4 upon lifting off throttle.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
One time I hit 140 in the R, I immediately recited Psalm 23:4 upon lifting off throttle.

Did you look in your rear view and see adam1991 starting at you from the back seat. Then when you look back, there's no one there. Duh duh daaaahhh.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Did you look in your rear view and see adam1991 starting at you from the back seat. Then when you look back, there's no one there. Duh duh daaaahhh.

It did not stop there... I kept hearing "assholes all" over and over :D