GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Any suggestions for stronger springbars?
Mine broke while wearing my Tag F1 Calibre 16 chronograph on my new ebay special nato strap!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Been awhile.
Anyone new want to post or anyone have anything new to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I like the 2-tone.
I do believe my next watch purchase will be a birth-year (1988) Rolex Explorer II with the polar dial.

Just look at the patina on the lume ...drool.....

Aside from a Milgauss (also with a white dial), it is the only Rollie I have any interest in purchasing lol.
Basically I just want one with a white dial.
I would love a vintage GMT...but those are going for some $$$$ these days...

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I like the 2-tone.
I do believe my next watch purchase will be a birth-year (1988) Rolex Explorer II with the polar dial.

Just look at the patina on the lume ...drool.....

Aside from a Milgauss (also with a white dial), it is the only Rollie I have any interest in purchasing lol.
Basically I just want one with a white dial.
I would love a vintage GMT...but those are going for some $$$$ these days...

I too would like a birth year Rolex (1989), so looking more at the Coke GMT. I have been hearing of a bubble bursting soon, hopefully that happens when I have paid off my mortgage in about 6-7 years. After which I will hope to have a disposable income that can fund this unnecessary but totally necessary passion of ours.

I tried this beauty on a few weeks ago, I was in love with the piece before but after trying it on it was like lightning struck me. This will be my next watch purchase...after the mortgage of course.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I like blue dials but the Sub just does nothing for me lol.

It's a great watch for sure (obviously) but there are just other watches out there I would buy before it.

The Seedy Pro was my grail watch so it will be hard to top that one for me.

I'm currently watching the live NASA feed for the ISS Expedition 56 Russian Spacewalk #45 and there is PLENTY of great screen time for the Speedy...

Cole Trickle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S4
Don’t believe I’ve seen an Explorer in this thread so here goes:

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I like the "E1" but I think the GMT hand would be beneficial when I travel.

It makes it a little more busy but I'm a "tool watch" sort of guy anyway.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
The polar e2 is a beauty. My friend picked up 11670LN 2 years ago and it's gone up in value. He showed me a link from davidsw of a same ref gmt going for $9k+. Ridiculous. Bubble is definitely going to burst soon. With that being said, I second whoever said their birth year watch would be a 16710 Coke.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Not sure how up to date a lot of you are that post here but here is a pretty funny video portraying the current watch market lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC1CjEUrBdA&t=

This same video was posted but it had to do with MK7's

Here is that one if you haven't seen it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYVuuN6ZWyI

Haha! The Mk7 gets me every time.
The current market is ridiculous. Anyone have any experience with Glycine Airman? Jomashop has a pretty sweet deal on them and I really like the full lume dial variant. Definitely not in my budget presently but it’s nice to fantasize.