GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Installed CTS Engine and Transmission mounts

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Looks like you are selling your ECS after just a short time and seem to be happy with the CTS. Any reason why? Care to share experience with both?

Sure. I had the CTS engine mount with ECS transmission mount for 2 weeks, until I swapped the transmission mount to CTS as well.

In short, there was too much NVH for my liking. Definitely a lot more than stock. And a lot more noise through the cabin (some nice engine noises, but also could here the pressure plate and gears more). I can see how to some this might be fun or even enjoyable, but my car is my daily and one of the reasons I like German cars is their quality and comfort while still feeling tight. The NVH was just a bit too much for my preferences and I didn't like the extra noise in the cabin.

I'm not sure if my experience would have been different with ECS mounts on both sides (the ECS has a polymer bushing while the CTS is rubber) so maybe they were mismatched? I followed ECS's install instructions very carefully but it's possible it could have been slightly misaligned, too. I also don't have a dog bone replacement, just an insert. So, perhaps just having the polymer piece on one side threw things off. I'm not bashing the ECS piece as it is well made, and looks stylish, and at the end of the day does what it says it will which is reduce transmission movement, but as mentioned it was just a bit too much for me.

By contrast the CTS on both sides is perfect, for me. NVH is stock-like, but you can still feel a great improvement in engine/transmission movement. Everything is very smooth now including 1st gear starts (MT) which I always had issues with previously. You don't really get the extra noises or rawness you get with the ECS mount, but the car feels good. They are much better than the stock mounts.

ECS claims low NVH and I think they are considered a "stage 1" mount so part of me wonders if an all-ECS solution would have been better and more balanced, but they are more expensive and I am happy with where I'm at.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Red lines on the engine cover.

Bought pinstripe vinyl from Canadian tire so I could do this.

Attachments

• 20180620_194929-1008x756.jpg
    20180620_194929-1008x756.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 818
  • 20180620_194940-1008x756.jpg
    20180620_194940-1008x756.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 819

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Washed it ...finally...!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Please explain.

My cluster has part number 5G1920754, and I did a search if there were any new firmwares available. My current software couldn't set simple things like laptimer/stopwatch...
So I found firmware to update it to a higher software version, and it turned out to be for the A-revision of my cluster. So 5G1920754A instead of 5G1920754... whoops. Halfway through flashing with VCP, it gave a message: "Flashing finished with errors". The cluster wouldn't boot anymore, and reading it with ODIS yesterday, it turns out the flash procedure erased basic stuff like serial number and such. So I was screwed, car was a brick, since it cannot start without the cluster functioning.

Today I got a new one, 5G1920754 again, there was no A-revision available... Tonight I'll have it coded to match my car, and then I'm back in the game :cool:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
My cluster has part number 5G1920754, and I did a search if there were any new firmwares available. My current software couldn't set simple things like laptimer/stopwatch...

So I found firmware to update it to a higher software version, and it turned out to be for the A-revision of my cluster. So 5G1920754A instead of 5G1920754... whoops. Halfway through flashing with VCP, it gave a message: "Flashing finished with errors". The cluster wouldn't boot anymore, and reading it with ODIS yesterday, it turns out the flash procedure erased basic stuff like serial number and such. So I was screwed, car was a brick, since it cannot start without the cluster functioning.

Today I got a new one, 5G1920754 again, there was no A-revision available... Tonight I'll have it coded to match my car, and then I'm back in the game :cool:

I thought that maybe you were retrofitting the digital cockpit, hint hint :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk