GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro Taillights

SeanGunn007

I’m looking to upgrade my mk7 with the Euro taillights. I like the mk7 versions, but I really like the 7.5. My local VW/Audi repair shop recommended the BMP 7.5 copies and I’m wondering if anyone has experience with those vs the OEM version. They look much less expensive, but I want to make sure I’m not ordering junk before I have them installed and it’s too late. They don’t stock them so I’ll need to order them. I haven’t used a BMP product so I have no history with them.

The Euro 7’s aren’t out of the question, but I do like the 7.5’s better.

Also, is there anyone who has the 7.5’s who didn’t opt for connecting the dynamic turn signals? Seems like that increases the install complexity quite a bit, but it’s also a pretty sweet feature.

Anybody with a white mk7 that has pics of their taillight mods? Want to see what it looks like on the car.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Why would you buy the 7.5 and then not hook them up properly lol.

No idea what BMP is but i'm guessing it's just the Chinese aftermarket ones which look OK, but i find with car parts you generally get what you pay for.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Also, is there anyone who has the 7.5’s who didn’t opt for connecting the dynamic turn signals? Seems like that increases the install complexity quite a bit, but it’s also a pretty sweet feature.
Its worth the extra work. The dynamic signals are one of my favorite things about these lights

Neilsdeal

Ready to race!
I've got the 7.5 BEC reps; purchased and installed by BMP Tuning(since I'm local).

Quality is great and exactly what I've been reading about Ed's rep headlights for years. Honestly, if they weren't reps from him, I'd probably just have opted for OEM.

SeanGunn007

https://youtu.be/Zjg7EOhDdK8

Thanks for posting that! The labor cost for installing the 7.5 harness is almost more than the taillights. I watched an install video and that’s not something I’d be willing to do in my own. It seemed much more complicated than the 7 harness. The ShopDap 7 harness looked a little easier to install so I may give that a shot. Thanks again for posting.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Thanks for posting that! The labor cost for installing the 7.5 harness is almost more than the taillights. I watched an install video and that’s not something I’d be willing to do in my own. It seemed much more complicated than the 7 harness. The ShopDap 7 harness looked a little easier to install so I may give that a shot. Thanks again for posting.

Does shopdap make a harness for the 7.5 dynamic lights?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Any feedback on these in terms of ease, fit & finish & capability vs. JBales?
I actually have JBale's and have only seen DAP's retrofit video. They're actually almost identical in terms of the steps and the order of steps you need to take to accomplish the retrofit. The JBale harness took me ~3-4 hours to install, for reference.

I'd personally look into ZERO's harness as mentioned above. I've seen him give great support to questions -- about his harness and in general -- in the tail light threads. Not sure how his harness differs though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk