GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs entitled driver

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
So I am from the south. I will in most cases give you room to merge, turn into my lane, or move out of the way. Yesterday I pull up to a light I know will only let about 10 cars through before going red for another 5 minutes. I am about 10th in line. Lady in a giant Infinity SUV pulls up on my right in a parking lot, wanting to turn into my lane. Light is red, and multiple times she creeps closer and closer trying to edge her way in. There was a clearly aggressive manner to which she was moving her car, you all know what I mean. Light turns green and she sticks the corner of her bumper nearly against mine, looks at me and I just look back and shake my head back and forth, gun it, get through the yellow and look back at her stuck at the red. Really the best I'd felt all day.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Lol I hate people that try and do that.
So I am from the south. I will in most cases give you room to merge, turn into my lane, or move out of the way. Yesterday I pull up to a light I know will only let about 10 cars through before going red for another 5 minutes. I am about 10th in line. Lady in a giant Infinity SUV pulls up on my right in a parking lot, wanting to turn into my lane. Light is red, and multiple times she creeps closer and closer trying to edge her way in. There was a clearly aggressive manner to which she was moving her car, you all know what I mean. Light turns green and she sticks the corner of her bumper nearly against mine, looks at me and I just look back and shake my head back and forth, gun it, get through the yellow and look back at her stuck at the red. Really the best I'd felt all day.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

As you are Southern Gentleman, you know Ladies first. ;)

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
If people make eye contact with me to confirm permission, I typically let them in. If theyre aggressive and act entitled without acknowledging my authority then f* that.

Otherwise, who will let her in? It sucks to be in her situation also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I'm from the north. Northeast, specifically. Even more specifically, on the coast, in a congested city infamous for its ardent sports fans and aggressive drivers. We don't let stuff like that happen without putting up a fight.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I'm from the north. Northeast, specifically. Even more specifically, on the coast, in a congested city infamous for its ardent sports fans and aggressive drivers. We don't let stuff like that happen without putting up a fight.

After a week of driving in Boston when I was young, I had to detoxify once I returned home to Alabama. I was cutting people off. Boston is the most competitive city I have driven in.

Birmingham AL is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
After a week of driving in Boston when I was young, I had to detoxify once I returned home to Alabama. I was cutting people off. Boston is the most competitive city I have driven in.

Birmingham AL is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I loved driving in Boston, even in the snow and ice. Roundabouts are the greatest thing ever, even though most seemed to have no marked lanes. We really don't have them here on the West Coast. My driving style fit right in and it seemed like everyone drove the same (aggressively). Compared to the traffic I normally drive in where half the people are aggressive and half the people are super passive / slow, it was almost heavenly.

The one place I did not enjoy driving was actually Erie, PA. Those folks are fucking nuts.... 50mph in a 25mph residential street was the norm. Cops wouldn't even pull you over.... The fuck!? That being said when schools were starting and ending, the speed limit on those streets would be 15mph with large illuminated signs and flashing lights to let you know. No one would speed then.

Demi's scenario is pretty much the daily norm here in Marin county. Everyone is more important than everyone else, and the nicer more expensive car you drive, the more you don't give a shit about violating right of way. Because you got the cash to afford a really good lawyer and put the hurt on anyone else. Very shitty mindset. Getting to work on cars that sell for nearly half a million is a nice perk though [1964 MBZ 280SL (might have been a different model, I forget at the moment) that we were working on just sold to a party from New York for $400k].

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
If people make eye contact with me to confirm permission, I typically let them in. If theyre aggressive and act entitled without acknowledging my authority then f* that.

Otherwise, who will let her in? It sucks to be in her situation also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, the guy behind me let her in after she HONKED to demand to be let in. F' her. The way the parking lot/intersection is set up, she would have been able to turn in 10 more seconds anyways.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Eh, the guy behind me let her in after she HONKED to demand to be let in. F' her. The way the parking lot/intersection is set up, she would have been able to turn in 10 more seconds anyways.

This actually happens to me a lot in Atlanta. Specifically the part about the other person waiting 2 seconds. I had a very similar situation not too long ago where I had to lock up my brakes because they weren't going to stop creeping out. They then proceeded to drive 10 mph down a 35 mph zone, definitely on purpose. There was no one behind me. They could have literally waited less than one second and pulled out without a fuss.