Chemical Guys or Adams Polishes

• Chemical Guys

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Adams Polishes

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I find it foolish to stick to one brand name, you will miss out on SOOOOO many other good products out there. i vote CarPro, Griot's, CG, Sonax, Meg's, shall I continue? Lol.

But if you had a gun to my head, Adam's. Why? Because they don't sell the same product over and over and call it NEW!!!! each time. You changed the scent, real ground breaking guys. lol.

I have spent plenty on CG to determine they are not the end all brand, in fact, they are far from in my honest and humble opinion.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Honestly if I could go back and just had to pick on brand, Meguier's for sure. They offer everything you'll ever need and not all of their products are the best thing ever, but all of their products are overall good and perform as stated when used properly.

I sometimes use all Meg's to clean my daily, and I find I'm hauling fewer things out, as many of their products overlap in functionality.

Audog

Passed Driver's Ed
Use Adams stuff, except Stoner invisible glass and 1z cockpit cleaner. Have had good luck with Adams, and their customer service is second to none.

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
:cool:Since this is a highly scientific survey here's my seriously considered position.......
Because I grew up in East Los Angeles everything about Chemical Guys shouts "MY HOME BOYS" to me. I watch some of their videos and I see guys and gals I hung out with as a youngster.:cool:

IceBerg4k1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Neither really. I use Chemical Guys wash soaps but other than that my arsenal consists primarily of Optimum, Ultima and CarPro. Adam's is not worth the $$$ to me when they are better products out there for cheaper.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Neither really. I use Chemical Guys wash soaps but other than that my arsenal consists primarily of Optimum, Ultima and CarPro. Adam's is not worth the $$$ to me when they are better products out there for cheaper.
This. Exactly my opinion too

Porknozzle

Passed Driver's Ed
I started seriously detailing when I bought my 13 black Challenger. Over the past 4+ years I've tried just about everything and now I only use Chemical Guys products on my black R.

I quit "washing" cars about 3-4 years ago and now only use CG EcoWash waterless followed by CG V-07 spray detailer. For "wax" I use CG Jet Seal and CG Radiant Black, but have just ordered their Butter Wet Wax to try because of the reviews.

For cleaning tires I use CG Invincible Cleaner. To condition tires and rubber I use CG G6 Hyper Coat. Not overly glossy which I prefer. For wheels I use the EcoWash, V07 and when I feel ambitious I'll use CG Wheel Guard wax, but when that's gone I'll just use Jet Seal.

For Interior I use CG Inner Clean, Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner which I love.

For glass I use Invisible Glass on the tint and a mix of vinegar and water for the exterior.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
I started seriously detailing when I bought my 13 black Challenger. Over the past 4+ years I've tried just about everything and now I only use Chemical Guys products on my black R.

I quit "washing" cars about 3-4 years ago and now only use CG EcoWash waterless followed by CG V-07 spray detailer. For "wax" I use CG Jet Seal and CG Radiant Black, but have just ordered their Butter Wet Wax to try because of the reviews.

For cleaning tires I use CG Invincible Cleaner. To condition tires and rubber I use CG G6 Hyper Coat. Not overly glossy which I prefer. For wheels I use the EcoWash, V07 and when I feel ambitious I'll use CG Wheel Guard wax, but when that's gone I'll just use Jet Seal.

For Interior I use CG Inner Clean, Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner which I love.

For glass I use Invisible Glass on the tint and a mix of vinegar and water for the exterior.
If you seriously started detailing, wouldn’t you have tried other products? CG are considerably subpar to so many other brands out there. Not just my opinion, from experience using them too

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
:cool:Since this is a highly scientific survey here's my seriously considered position.......
Because I grew up in East Los Angeles everything about Chemical Guys shouts "MY HOME BOYS" to me. I watch some of their videos and I see guys and gals I hung out with as a youngster.:cool:
I can understand that.

I find most of their videos offer little useful tips or advice, they just try to sell you the same product 4 times over that has just been re bottled and colored differently.

That's my experience. I spent quite a bit on an order from them and very very soon many products worked their way to the back of the shelf. But, to someone with a silica based coating, CG doesn't offer much in regards to products. If you wax though, oh yea. Gloss enhancers are literally in every product they make minus 2 shampoos. I dislike that :(

TroyScherer

Ready to race!

CG EcoSmart Wash is loaded with a clay and wax mixture that really covers up swirls and scratches. For me that's not an ideal situation but in Cali that might make a lot of sense if you have water restrictions.

CG Blacklight (Radiant Black) is really just a filler glaze with some sealant in it. I used it in the past but I have found better options. Prima Amigo is one that I think is head and shoulders above Blacklight.

Porknozzle

Passed Driver's Ed
If you seriously started detailing, wouldn’t you have tried other products? CG are considerably subpar to so many other brands out there. Not just my opinion, from experience using them too

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I only detail my own car, and if you read my first paragraph you would have seen that I tried a LOT of different products before I found what suited me best.

I love these forums because no matter what you're using/advocating someone always has something better. I buy the products that work best for me. Perhaps if I were a professional detailer my needs would be different and I would spend the rest of my life chasing that dragon.

Peace out.