GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$2500 to get an insurance on my GTI?????

drewsro

Passed Driver's Ed
My 6 mo premium on m GTI is like $309. I have my wife's RAV4 (full coverage) and a Saab 9-2x (libaility) on there too, so with our bundling of homeowner's also, we come out to $665 every 6 months. We're both 26 yo too, but never had a claim between us two.

alderran1

Ready to race!
Hello eveyone, I am looking to buy a MK7 GTI, and been looking into some insurance companies in Chicago! I am 19, and they want to me to pay 2500 for 5 months!! How fucking insane is that? Is this correct for my age and the car I want to be driving or it is just way to much?
Thankss
GTI is not classified as a sports car it's a regular car so it must be your age and or driving points that make it so expensive. I'm a progressive customer not sure if you have to be a customer to use the tool, but they have a page where you can put in different cars and see how much it will cost you for insurance for each.

alderran1

Ready to race!
My 6 mo premium on m GTI is like $309. I have my wife's RAV4 (full coverage) and a Saab 9-2x (libaility) on there too, so with our bundling of homeowner's also, we come out to $665 every 6 months. We're both 26 yo too, but never had a claim between us two.
It depends where you live I remember a friend moving from the suburbs to Boston and finding that his insurance premium tripled.

nate704

Go Kart Champion

wow that's cheap. but you are in Indiana. now try to insure the same vehicles in NYC. :cool:

derekjl

Ready to race!
33 here. I pay $1200 a year for the absolute MAX coverage via State Farm. No accidents, no tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derekjl

Ready to race!
The only way this thread would be relevant is if everyone had the same coverage. Someone saying “I pay $3000 a year” could have the minimum required coverage whereas someone saying “I pay $1400 a year” could have hundreds of thousands in coverage if not more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I think insurance rates also take into account risk of personal injury. Have no solid proof other than my 08 Honda Fit was $100 more to insure than my 12 Mazda CX9. CX9 was more than double the price new of the Honda. Maybe parts were comparable. Definitely not cheaper on the CX9. Only thing I could think of was maybe safety rating and risk to passengers since Fit had a terrible safety rating.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Holy crap OP. Thats insane.

I am 29, live in Atlanta (some of the highest insurance rates in the south) and for 2 cars we pay $2400 a YEAR. That's with 100/300/50, $1000 collision deductible and $0 comp deductible.

The wife has 0 claims or tickets, I have 3 not at fault claims. Got hit at a red light, a bunny decided to end its life on my bumper, and I got rear ended.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Hello eveyone, I am looking to buy a MK7 GTI, and been looking into some insurance companies in Chicago! I am 19, and they want to me to pay 2500 for 5 months!! How fucking insane is that? Is this correct for my age and the car I want to be driving or it is just way to much?
Thankss

It's got nothing to do with the car and everything to do with you. What I mean is your insurance will be high no matter the car. My 2015 GTI insurance is 371 for 6 months. My wife's 2010 escape is on the same policy and is 269. The difference I would say is entirely due to the value of the vehicles.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Holy crap OP. Thats insane.

I am 29, live in Atlanta (some of the highest insurance rates in the south) and for 2 cars we pay $2400 a YEAR. That's with 100/300/50, $1000 collision deductible and $0 comp deductible.

The wife has 0 claims or tickets, I have 3 not at fault claims. Got hit at a red light, a bunny decided to end its life on my bumper, and I got rear ended.

suicidal bunny!! :D