GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19" Wheel Offset w/ VWR Springs & Original Tires

dking99

Hi all, I am new to the forum and have been searching for quite a bit of time on specs for new wheels, which has led to more questioning and confusion.. I have VWR springs being delivered today and will have them installed Thursday (9/20/18).

I am looking for feedback on wide stance offset limitations for new wheels once I am on VWR springs. I would like to avoid adding spacers unless completely necessary. The plan is to use the Continental tires that came with the car (235/35/19) on aftermarket 19x8.5 wheels.

From what I have gathered, a +45 offset works with no rubbing. What offset am I limited to without rubbing or with minimal rubbing and minimal fender modification?

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
My Revo wheels are 19x8.5 ET45 and I think its perfect. Had to do the fender screw mod in the front as they rubbed coming off speed bumps but no other issues with this size and rub was solved with the mod. I think any lower offset with 235/35/19 tires will require more work to avoid rubbing.

The rears will always be a little more pushed in than the fronts so you would either need a staggered setup (lower offset wheels in the rear) or spacers to get a completely square look. All of mine are ET45 and it doesn't bother me, I think it looks great.

Still, if you can pull off something with a bit of a lower offset to push the wheels out slightly more, I think it would look that much better. But that's just me being picky.

dking99

Thank you for the replies and direct answers. It looks like I'll stick with the TSW Bathurst +43 that I had in mind on all four wheels. I'll probably have to do the fender screw mod on the fronts and will consider spacers for the rear depending on how happy I am with the overall look.

Thank you, and pictures to come soon!

dking99

Finally got my new wheels and had them put on. Better pics to come...

Attachments

• IMG_0201a.jpg
    IMG_0201a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,742