GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I may have a mouse in the engine bay.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I had no trace of mouse until the day I started planting traps with Decon (rat poison) under my cars.

It worked against me and had a fun time cleaning up my engine bay of mouse crap. Since then I stopped using rat poison and use a ultrasonic irritant generator thing on the floor. I’ve not had an issue since. My Golf-R has not seen any mouse yet.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I had no trace of mouse until the day I started planting traps with Decon (rat poison) under my cars.

It worked against me and had a fun time cleaning up my engine bay of mouse crap. Since then I stopped using rat poison and use a ultrasonic irritant generator thing on the floor. I’ve not had an issue since. My Golf-R has not seen any mouse yet.

Has an attractant.

I have to see if the electronic repellant affects tree frogs, lizards and small non-poisonous snakes. They squeeze in to escape predators so we don't mind.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The change in automotive wiring from plastic to soy based wire casing has increased rodent chew-throughs. Not sure if VW is using them yet, but it's been a big problem with BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

Don't use poison because they don't die instantly. After they eat it they can find a nice unreachable spot in your car and die which is way worse.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Has an attractant.

I have to see if the electronic repellant affects tree frogs, lizards and small non-poisonous snakes. They squeeze in to escape predators so we don't mind.

Yeah, I don't know for certain if the electronic repellant is actually working, but on my porch I have a security camera that sends me emails when it detects motion and I use to get pictures of racoons, chipmunks, squirrels and other rodents, but since using the unit on the porch, no more sightings.

Don't use poison because they don't die instantly. After they eat it they can find a nice unreachable spot in your car and die which is way worse.

That is so true. Luckily the car that had mouse crap had no dead mouse. I looked for it from the top and bottom of the engine bay and all the nooks, blower motor area, etc. I don't own the car any more so its fine, but never again am I planting Decon under my cars!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
There was this rotting smell in my garage for days. Could not figure out where it was coming from. Then I looked under my car. The maggots already got to it and was decomposing. You can see it liquifying and the fur on the ground.

I guess there was another one, because the next day I saw a bunch of paw prints on the fender...up the windshield...across the roof...and grease from the paw prints all over the rear door handle. I’m guessing it slid off the roof and tried to hold onto the door handle to stay on the car.

I kinda felt bad. It looks like the mouse got squished between the control arm and the axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
Thread got bumped lol. Have not had any issues since last winter, but it’s in the 40s again now.

I have 4 or 5 old fashion wooden traps through out my garage as well as all the spots they could have come in from before sealed up.

Hopefully no issues this winter!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
They like to chew on red stuff. My former neighbors had a rat problem, they ate through a red wire in my mom's lexus and the red battery terminal cover on my dad's c6 gsc.

So I would search for signs of damage on anything red

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I'd have to use those catch and release traps. I only kill medium size spiders.

Drive those suckers to Jersey and let 'em go so they don't get back in

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
I think this is the strangest place I've found one.