GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need quite 235-35-19 tires. What brand ?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
No tire is quiet, especially once they wear. I find in general tires suck once they're half worn. That being said, I don't think PS4S's are very noisy. You still have your radio installed, right?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Drive with the windows down, then you only hear other people road noise... hahaha.

If you want to reduce noise, don't expect as much grip from the tire. The low rolling resistance tires are the best for noise or so I've heard.

Last edited:

Crackness1

Ready to race!
No tire is quiet, especially once they wear. I find in general tires suck once they're half worn. That being said, I don't think PS4S's are very noisy. You still have your radio installed, right?

My (235/35 19) ps4s are definitely noisier than my (225/40 18) DWS 06.

They also grip a hell of a lot more.

Gotta choose which you find to be more important.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My (235/35 19) ps4s are definitely noisier than my (225/40 18) DWS 06.

They also grip a hell of a lot more.

Gotta choose which you find to be more important.

Good to know. I picked the Mich's for supposedly the best combination for comfort, performance and quiet. I hope I succeeded.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
Good to know. I picked the Mich's for supposedly the best combination for comfort, performance and quiet. I hope I succeeded.

When I say noisier, I mean noticeably but not annoyingly. Just like my dws 06 were noisier than my stock pirelli cinturatos.

Could also be that I didn't get mine new (came with my wheels) and they have less sidewall / wider / etc. I have no regrets, don't think you do either :D

emanon

Ready to race!
How are the DWS06 traction wise? Similar to a michelin AS3+?

Obviously with a 560 wear rating they wont grip like a PS4S, but hopefully much better than stock.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
They're actually pretty good as far as traction even to about 1-2inches of snow.

But the sidewall is on the soft side if that bugs you. I run these tires in the colder months so the soft sidewall is actually welcome as everything gets stiff at sub 32F.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How are the DWS06 traction wise? Similar to a michelin AS3+?

Obviously with a 560 wear rating they wont grip like a PS4S, but hopefully much better than stock.

Just a touch behind AS3+. I think they are quieter though as my AS3s hum just a tad. OP wanted quiet and lives in Chicago where it snows. For you in Socal the best all season would be AS3+ IMO.

Cjburn

Passed Driver's Ed
I loved the dws06 I had on my 2015 GT PP, they werent as noisy as the Pirelli summer tirea, but were a great high performance all season tire. They were excellent in the snow for a 275 35 r19 tire, I wouldnt hesitate to put them on any car if you didnt want snow and summer tires.