GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR plus tune and HPDE’s

Cochise

Passed Driver's Ed
So I got rid of my MK7-R last year for the family car, now I’m looking to get into another one again soon. I’ve resorted to my GTI to hold me over but it’s soon going to be time to upgrade.

I love the new warranty that Volkswagen offers, and I have been looking at the APR plus tune. It appears to be a stage 1 tune with an up charge to keep the drivetrain warranties. Feels like a no brained for me... except.....

It states in the warranty documentation from APR that it does not cover HPDE’s. That’s primarily why I have had my GTI’s and my last R. Hence, would be a primary purpose for my next R. My question is... how would they know? How would APR/warranty company know if it was used for track events or if something broke during a track event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
High-density polyethylene's? Sorry, what part of the VW warranted driveline has them?

Hopefully The Fed is joking. If so, hahaha.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
So I got rid of my MK7-R last year for the family car, now I’m looking to get into another one again soon. I’ve resorted to my GTI to hold me over but it’s soon going to be time to upgrade.

I love the new warranty that Volkswagen offers, and I have been looking at the APR plus tune. It appears to be a stage 1 tune with an up charge to keep the drivetrain warranties. Feels like a no brained for me... except.....

It states in the warranty documentation from APR that it does not cover HPDE’s. That’s primarily why I have had my GTI’s and my last R. Hence, would be a primary purpose for my next R. My question is... how would they know? How would APR/warranty company know if it was used for track events or if something broke during a track event?

Just out of curiosity why not either use your GTI for HPDE or get a used Golf R. Why buy new if you plan to track it? Hey VW never cared one way or the other. I started modifying and voiding the Warranty on my last 2 cars weld after purchasing and don’t regret it.

Cochise

Passed Driver's Ed
Just out of curiosity why not either use your GTI for HPDE or get a used Golf R. Why buy new if you plan to track it? Hey VW never cared one way or the other. I started modifying and voiding the Warranty on my last 2 cars weld after purchasing and don’t regret it.

I do use my GTI currently, just looking to upgrade.

I like warranties. I didn’t tune my last Golf R because voiding a warranty just seems ridiculous to me. I’m not knocking anyone who does that, but I like knowing if something breaks then I’m not going have to pay to fix it.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I would not mention it on any social media, including here.

Don't win any events.:) They could check the results for local events.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I don't think car insurance companies will cover your car if you crash while racing IIRC. Just don't have VW pickup your car at the track if it breaks down.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Go BIG or stay home! Stage 2 all the way!!!

You only live once!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

Cochise

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think car insurance companies will cover your car if you crash while racing IIRC. Just don't have VW pickup your car at the track if it breaks down.

That is correct, they will not cover it. I purchase specific track insurance for that very reason.