GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another is38 victim

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to see this but at least it gives you the excuse to go BT. IS38s can make good power but the unfortunate reality is that reliability goes down the drain when being pushed.
Thanks, ya I knew that going into it, I planned on getting a bigger turbo from the beginning was just hoping to do it before this one popped so I could recoupe some money but oh well guess I just needed a little push,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
What was the peak and tapered boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What was the peak and tapered boost?

Peaked at 28.8 and tapered to 25.8 when it let go at 6200rpm

Twist1

Autocross Newbie

Since wheel came off during high turbo rpm, the outer sections that tripped into the housing more than likely were disentegrated into very small even powder like pieces. You may find some smaller pieces of the base of the fins in the catback (last to go off) but like others have mentioned make sure you flush out that sucker real good considering the pics. Probably 2-3 x I'd imagine. It's gonna be smokey for about 72 hours.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Since wheel came off during high turbo rpm, the outer sections that tripped into the housing more than likely were disentegrated into very small even powder like pieces. You may find some smaller pieces of the base of the fins in the catback (last to go off) but like others have mentioned make sure you flush out that sucker real good considering the pics. Probably 2-3 x I'd imagine. It's gonna be smokey for about 72 hours.
Ya I will, found powder pre ic charge pipes, looks clear on the post ic but I'll drop the pan, ic, scope cylinders, compression test, all the fun stuff.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
Very sorry to hear this happened. Was planning on is38 at some point in the future but no point now with all these problems. Very exciting seeing theses new turbo options for us out there now and the guys running the companies seem great. Looking forward to seeing your new turbo in action! Good luck with it!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Very sorry to hear this happened. Was planning on is38 at some point in the future but no point now with all these problems. Very exciting seeing theses new turbo options for us out there now and the guys running the companies seem great. Looking forward to seeing your new turbo in action! Good luck with it!
I'll sell you an is38 core that you can send to dbv2 to have built

Danosaurus

Ready to race!

Wow, 28.8? That’s awesome, is it not? Sounds like a lot of boost, and a lot of power. Nicely done.

For shits and gigs, what does a stock R IS38 boost at?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Wow, 28.8? That’s awesome, is it not? Sounds like a lot of boost, and a lot of power. Nicely done.

For shits and gigs, what does a stock R IS38 boost at?

I honestly dont know what a stock r runs, my stock is20 ran 18

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Was gonna say depending on temps, 19-20-ish peak, tapering down to 16 psi.

Because the power target is torque based, the car boosts higher when it's warmer.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Was gonna say depending on temps, 19-20-ish peak, tapering down to 16 psi.

Because the power target is torque based, the car boosts higher when it's warmer.
True statement mine was always around 20-21 in this summer desert heat

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Took the charge pipe off the turbo and this is what was there,,,, just powder, all I have seen or found so far has been powder, nothing bigger

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Dropped the pan and there are small flakes of metal in the pan like glitter

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Yep that's expected. Just clean it all out, along with the oil return line, oil/filter change, good to go.