GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Auto not working today

Hotwir3

Car is not detecting my phone for Android Auto for the first time today. I've had the car two weeks (2016, S trim) and it's been working fine. It worked for about the first minute of driving today and lost connection.

Re-plugged in usb to car and usb-c into phone. Tried different cables.
Turned stereo off and back on.
Turned car off and back on.

Any tips to try to get it back working again?

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I know there was an update to android auto yesterday or day before. Mine still connects, but is now acting weird. Like when I'm listening to Pandora and answer a call. When I hang up, music comes out of phone speaker instead of car speakers Also when I use voice command, the 4 colored dots stay on the screen even after command is competed. Only solution is to unplug and replug.

Try rolling back the update on android auto.

Hotwir3

I know there was an update to android auto yesterday or day before. Mine still connects, but is now acting weird. Like when I'm listening to Pandora and answer a call. When I hang up, music comes out of phone speaker instead of car speakers Also when I use voice command, the 4 colored dots stay on the screen even after command is competed. Only solution is to unplug and replug.

Try rolling back the update on android auto.

I see the last update was mid-September.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I see the last update was mid-September.

O'rly? Is it something where if I call the dealer and they'll do an update for me?

My AA can be hit or miss. I swear its Pandora that's crashing my radio when its trying to start up. This seems to happen all the time.

My software version is "0753". My build date is 5/17.

Last edited: