GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Occasional click noise from rear

Lert

Passed Driver's Ed
Keep getting a clicking noise from the rear at low speeds (25 and under normally) I assume something suspension related. Only 9k miles, only recent physical change was new rear sway bar and end links and those are still holding fine. Any ideas what it could be?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
I had a similar issue. I resolved by loosening end links, then when rear suspension was under load (drive up on ramps) I re-tightened the end links.

Lert

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok seems random and at all speeds upon further inspection just more noticable at low speeds I guess. Will try loosening and retightening end links soon.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Ok seems random and at all speeds upon further inspection just more noticable at low speeds I guess. Will try loosening and retightening end links soon.

When you tighten, torque to spec. Important.
Watch video from manufacturer of links if they have and tell specs.
Or watch a Deutsche Auto video on end links. He is good about giving specs.

Torque setting more important than just tightening.

Lert

Passed Driver's Ed
When you tighten, torque to spec. Important.
Watch video from manufacturer of links if they have and tell specs.
Or watch a Deutsche Auto video on end links. He is good about giving specs.
I did tighten to spec when it was up on stands.

Lert

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems the nut holding the end link to the bar on one side had broke loose. After re-tightening sound has disappeared 90% of time so clearly related not exactly sure what the 100% fix may be. Had to use aftermarket nut from hardware store as it was supposed to be only reused item from stock with aftermarket links and my nuts we're permanently affixed (triple square bolt literally broke upon disassembly). Other than that everything should be fine also tightened that down as much as I could because I can't even get close to getting a torque wrench in there just a long Allen and a good ol fashioned wrench not even a small ratchet fit; plus the thing broke loose once why not a second time?