GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Light

r_saurus

Passed Driver's Ed
My EPC Light came on last night driving home and then it felt like I lost a significant amount of power

This morning, and my whole drive in to work, the light was out

Thoughts?

r_saurus

Passed Driver's Ed
EPC light usually has to do with the throttle. As a service advisor at a VW dealership, I notice throttle bodies being most common w/ EPC lights.

So maybe related to CTS turbo throttle body pipe mod?

Since the light went out, and has stayed out for 48 hours, is that a good sign?

Or no, the fact that it came on at all is a major concern?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Not major but finding the cause is important. Do you have access to coding software?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Why are you running stage 1 tuning on stage 2 hardware. It would seem you could be moving more air/exhaust easier than the tuning expects at certain points? Usually it’s plugs or a coil but by your description it would seem to rule those out, I’d flash to stage 2 anyway you have the parts it seems.

Oh and most dealers will blame your mods and wash their hands of it as quickly as they can seeing as it’s only an intermittent issue, happened once, and hasn’t left a code.

r_saurus

Passed Driver's Ed
Why are you running stage 1 tuning on stage 2 hardware. It would seem you could be moving more air/exhaust easier than the tuning expects at certain points? Usually it’s plugs or a coil but by your description it would seem to rule those out, I’d flash to stage 2 anyway you have the parts it seems.

Oh and most dealers will blame your mods and wash their hands of it as quickly as they can seeing as it’s only an intermittent issue, happened once, and hasn’t left a code.

I'm going Stage 2 on Saturday :)

r_saurus

Passed Driver's Ed
I upgraded from Stage 1+ & Stage 1 DSG to Stage 2 & Stage 2 DSG yesterday 6/2

VCDS indicated that the EPC 5/25 was from an over boost code

Thinking right now that Stage 2 hardware on Stage 1+ could have contributed to the EPC

Right now no issues - Thanks everyone

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Sounds like you ran into a condition where the the stage 1+ software didn’t like the better flowing down pipe. Now grab an intercooler and you’re all set, it never ends lol