GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

J.Etter

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried searching, but I couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

Can I run my JB4 on a very conservative Map 6 with the OBDII plug installed, but not use the AFR wire?

I'm waiting on my connectors to make a no-splice AFR harness, but I want MOAR POWA now. I know I could run Map 1 without the AFR wire, but I want to run a conservative tune even once I get the AFR wire tapped as I don't want to deal with replacing my clutch any time soon.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I tried searching, but I couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

Can I run my JB4 on a very conservative Map 6 with the OBDII plug installed, but not use the AFR wire?

I'm waiting on my connectors to make a no-splice AFR harness, but I want MOAR POWA now. I know I could run Map 1 without the AFR wire, but I want to run a conservative tune even once I get the AFR wire tapped as I don't want to deal with replacing my clutch any time soon.

Hi,

You can run these additive settings in map 1 and should be good. I wouldn't recommend peaking higher than 4.8 add.

1500 0
2000 2
2500 2.5
3000 3
3500 3.5
4000 4
4500 4.5
5000 4.5
5500 4.5
6000 4
6500 4
7000 4

joofcorn

Ready to race!
Has anyone with a data cable running to their phone or a tablet had connection issues? Recently I started getting errors when trying to connect saying "Serial Port not available" which I didn't get in the past. Is this just a bad cable?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone with a data cable running to their phone or a tablet had connection issues? Recently I started getting errors when trying to connect saying "Serial Port not available" which I didn't get in the past. Is this just a bad cable?

Try remove the data cable and install again on the circuit board.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Most recent logs, trying to dial my car (DSG Alltrack) in and the outside air temp is playing a huge factor on my timing. Peaking 16 psi at 4000 rpm and tapering to 11.5 psi at 7,000. Only modifications are an AFE drop in and CTS turbo inlet pipe, this is with 93 octane

Let me know what adjustments you guys recommend, thanks

https://datazap.me/u/tplociniak/alltrack-is12-map-6-16-psi-76-air-temp-0?log=0&data=1-4

https://datazap.me/u/tplociniak/alltrack-is12-map-6-16-psi-76-air-temp?log=0&data=1-4

https://datazap.me/u/tplociniak/alltrack-is12-map-6-16-psi-58-air-temp?log=0&data=1-4

Last edited:

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Looks pretty good. Based on timing, IAt and knock, I think you are where you want to be. You can also cut out the vents in front of the airbox and hopefully you pulled out the snow grate when you did the drop in.

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
I think we have managed to find the weakness of the 1.8T. With IS38 APR stack and very good logging the car has been getting the beat down for the past 6 months. Eventually on a clean pull it seems the ring land on the one cylinder has broken. I reckon the breakage is due to sustained power and provisionally the piston doesn't look like it has any hot spots or anything. What is also interesting to note is the tuning on it was wrapped up pretty quickly with good fuels so we never really ran into timing adaption issues or knock that could have weakened the system. I reckon output based on performance was in the 370-380whp region.

Engine is going to get built so if anyone has found stronger internals for them post away.

Log attached of when it let go.

Any updated news on what cause the motor pop