GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autobahn or SE?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Can you elaborate.

He's an audio snob who thinks that the interior of a car is a "terrible place for listening to music" - his point is that there's "no point" in a better stereo system in a car since it's not conducive to a perfect HiFi audio experience

Which is, of course, ridiculous

cb1111

He's an audio snob who thinks that the interior of a car is a "terrible place for listening to music" - his point is that there's "no point" in a better stereo system in a car since it's not conducive to a perfect HiFi audio experience

He is absolutely correct, the interior of a car is a terrible place for listening to music, if you consider the road noise, poor listening position and rattles and squeaks. But we don't really "listen" to music in a car - we merely listen to sounds coming from the sound system. In the car we have other things to concentrate on rather than listen to music.

The Fender system does make that stuff we hear coming out the sound system sound far better though and, along with Acura's ELS Studio System, is one of the best coming from the factory - certainly in this price range.

Now leave me alone while I listen to some music on my Citation 16 reproduced quite nicely through my Cornerhorns.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

I think i am in the opposite end of the spectrum. We enjoy listening to songs during our drives. I had Fender in my GTI, Bang & Olufsen in my A4 and it was money well spent. Given a choice i would opt for it.

johmamcdonald: I would like to know if your mobile phone has a camera.

DucatiSSsp

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you mean your SE had an heart attack?

Had two warning lights at about 290 miles. Dealer dropped pan and it bearing material in it. Car was still running smooth when was towed to dealer. They wanted to replace the motor and turbo and give me a 3-year maint. and a car payment.
Told them I wanted a replacement vehicle and they were happy enuff to upgrade. Should take delivery later this week, finally!:rolleyes:

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I like my Fender sound system in my '17 SE so I would lean Autobahn, plus I wish I had 12 way seats