GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen Connect

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Just read the posts on this thread and thought it would be for a car fitted with MIB2 or later. Just looked on the VW Uk website and it says "Volkswagen Connect is available for many of our models built since 2008". So it should fit my 2013 Golf and actually work, then?

Edit:-Just clicked on the link on the original post and put my car details into the search tool. It came back with "Your vehicle is compatible with limited mirroring of warning lights".

What the Hell does that mean in English?

This is just a little widget that plugs into your car's OBD diagnostics port, which has been standard on all vehicles since about 1996. It doesn't mater what your infotainment system is.

ChrisK

Ready to race!
This sounds like the thing the AA are advertising on TV at the moment with the little girl sat on the back seat of a car signing Proud Mary.

I haven’t got one of the AA devices so not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree but assume it is and I assume that the device fit any recent cars.

baldybouncer

Hi - if it connects via bluetooth does this mean that the phone will not work with the radio for calls?

is there anywhere else to get this from - apart from the stealers?

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Hi - if it connects via bluetooth does this mean that the phone will not work with the radio for calls?

is there anywhere else to get this from - apart from the stealers?

This has no effect on Bluetooth calls etc, it’s a different Bluetooth device.

I don’t think you can get it from anywhere else but it’s free, so does that matter?

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine today. Seems like a good gadget/app

My local dealer and plenty in stock.